Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The First Christmas Decoration

I'm sure some of you are waaaaay ahead of me, (and a few of you are thinking It's still November, for cryin' out loud...), but I'm just getting started on Christmas preparations.  
And believe it or not, the boys are asking when I'll get the decorations up.  

(An aside... Patience is something the boys can only store in minute quantities and apparently do not want to waste by using.  Ever.    Moving on...)

Tired of me dragging my feet and being distracted by trivial things like schooling, grocery shopping, and laundry, they disappeared into the family room, and presented me with this:

 ... a Lego nativity (their second? or third?)

Here you see the wise men bringing their generous gifts.

There are shepherds with sheep and an assortment of animals - horses, mice, even a pig and a frog.
No fire ants this year.

The baby Jesus was no preemie...

And an angel protectively watches over all.

10 comments:

The dB family said...

I LOVE it!! I will have to show Bub. Poor Mary having to push out that big baby ;o).

No decorations up here yet either -- except a few snowmen.

Thank you for the scoop on tabs!

Enjoy your day!
Deborah

melanie said...

"Awesome!" from my 14yo when he saw the sword-wielding angel...

I say, Good outlet for their impatience =)
And, Christmas decorations?? I did clear a spot in the living room for a tree ~ Hopefully we can get one Saturday.

Cathy M. said...

I'm impressed with how they re-purposed the Lego men into the nativity characters. Especially the angel wings. You've shaping some amazing men-folk there.

leah said...

I love their Lego nativities. I have to say, I sort of miss the fire ants! Baby Jesus looks hale and hearty, though I do have to say I feel a wee bit sorry for Mary- that is one big babe!

:-)

DJP said...

My Josiah says: "I really like it. It is great that they used several pieces that I would not have thought to use in ways I would not have thought to use them. Very cool!"

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Julia has the playmobile nativity. It's a fun time getting that out although the figures do strange non-biblical things like ride the train around the Christmas tree!

The Hibbard Family said...

I love it!!!! That is just too awesome.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Thanks, all of you, for your comments! :D

Josiah - the boys really like your Lego nativity too!

heather west said...

That is AWESOME! I'm not sure which is cuter. . .the Legos or those super cute faces of 3 boys!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous. I LOVE the Star Wars Minifigs I could point out. Was that a jedi angel? ;)

Wonderful job, boys. You rock!