Monday, August 12, 2013

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Monday, August 12, 2013

Outside my window...  our driveway is (still!) full of a painting project I'm anxious to see the end of, and a Little Tikes play structure/slide I got for FREE and plan to put on Craigslist.

Hearing...  all three boys mowing up at the neighbor's yard.  Yes, three mowers going at once.  It's the sound of summer.  The crazy thing is that the grass is hardly growing, but they have to mow the weeds.

Pondering...  my mental checklist is overloading!  Time to make a list... um... another list.

Praying...  work for Kerry, healing and recovery for my mom (hand surgery last week - doing fine), and fun times during the last few weeks of summer.

Thankful...  for the blackberries the boys picked this morning - YUM!


Wearing...  crop jeans, and a blue t-shirt.  If the clouds burn off I'll break out some shorts :D

Going...  to have dinner with friends visiting from Ulan Ude this evening.  (That's north of Mongolia, near Lake Baikal.)

Looking forward to...  every summer my sister does something fun with the boys.  She's a school teacher and doesn't have kids of her own, and she's a GREAT (fun!) aunt :D  Last year they went out hiking on the Olympic Peninsula and stayed at Sol Duc hot springs.  This year she's including my cousin and her daughters (technically the boys' second cousins, but whatever) and they're all spending a day at the Lynden Fair and a day up in B.C. at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, (which besides the bridge has all kinds of things to do, including a system of walkways up in the trees that will make you feel like an Ewok on Endor).

I'm looking forward to it for them because they'll have a great time, and for me because I'll have a great (quiet? productive? something???) time!

In the kitchen...  eating at my parents' tonight, with our (mutual) friends.  Lasagna, garlic bread, watermelon, salad, and... (thanks to the boys) fresh blackberry cobbler.  *happy sigh*

In the learning rooms...  I'm putting together our plan for the next school year.  It all looks so good on paper... ;D

Around the house...  we're outside so much this time of year that I don't pay a lot of attention.  Probably desperately needs dusting.  And the kitchen floor is a mess (the boys helped me peel and chop a wheel-barrow full of apples yesterday)... sitcky!

The Mother Load...  planning school, testing to do (I finally ordered them and now must get the boys to DO them), and I'm planning a 50th b'day party for Kerry!

Yep.  HALF-CENTURY.

Noticing that...  the leaves on my pink dogwood are already (just barely) starting to turn red.

A favorite quote for today...   If life was fair we'd all be going to hell.

One of my favorite things...  crossing things off the Mother Load. *sigh*

A Bible verse...  Ezekiel 40:4

Son of man, look with your eyes and hear with your ears and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here.  Tell the house of Israel everything you see.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  besides planning the party... the boys will be gone from Wednesday to Saturday and what to do, what to do?!

A peek into my world...  the bunnies have opened their eyes!


And they like to explore, and climb, and nibble on clover.


And - oh! - the cuteness of those little, furry feet!


If you're local, we may have homes for two of them but are still looking for a family for the third.  They're not pedigreed (for show) but are gentle, low-maintenance pets :D

2 comments:

Kristenkj said...

Oh my goodness...if I were closer I'd take the bunny home with me. It's probably a good thing I'm not closer. Besides, Poppy would probably try to devour it. She's mean that way.

Also, awesome blackberries. YUM.

The Hibbard Family said...

My girls are ooohing and ahhing over those bunnies! :-)