Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Brain Dump

Well.

1.  This week has not been as fabulously productive as last week.  But I suppose I should count homeschool.  That counts for a lot, right?  Tate and Gunnar got through all their reading and work - three cheers for them.  Wyatt, however, still has chemistry and economics to wrap up.  And it's not like I can really help him with the chemistry.  But I can make jokes.



2.  Tate and I went to the 504 meeting.  As far as I can tell it went well.  Of course, the people in the meeting are not the same people who will be his teachers.  And from what I hear, it's a bit harder to get follow-through on the high school level than it was back in elementary, where he was with the same teacher all day.  It's not that the HS teachers are somehow bad, and don't want to help.  But they probably see 150+ students a day, and they won't remember what Tate needs.  I'll be keeping a close eye on that, which probably means interrogating questioning Tate every day about school.  So that will be fun.  

He got up early before the meeting and made Brown Sugar Muffins (aka Poo Poo Balls at our house), which were a big hit.  I didn't get a picture of them (mom fail), but I have a picture from Pi Day, so here you go.



Which reminds me...

3.  Do you think our oven has a hot corner?  Check out the Dutch Baby...



4.  My brother and I have been talking parenting.  I don't want to be one of those parents who's always wishing to be in another stage, but I do kind of miss...


...  I mean, weren't they all cute?!


5.  And speaking of the boys... why, why, why do they do this?  They wanted to rent a movie tonight and they came to me, asking me to give them all change BEFORE they went to the store.  What am I, a bank?  

Hello, genius children,
it is the cashier's JOB at the STORE to make change
for you when you buy (or rent) something.
You do not need me to give you change
so you can give the store the exact amount.  

How have they not figured this out yet?


6.  Not.  My.  Kids.



7.  Saturday tomorrow!  And supposed to be good weather, which means work, work, work.  Work party at the chapel, yard work for an elderly couple, and probably working at home, too.

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

melanie said...

he he! Happy Saturday!

Wilma said...


Julie, I would like to pass on my DIL's blog address. They have six children and she is a wonderful writer. I think you will enjoy it. If you can, go back and read some of the older posts about the faithfulness of God to their family.

http://livingingraceland.com/2014/04/13/adjusting-expectations/

Have a great day.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Thank you, Wilma :D