Monday, June 2, 2014

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Monday, June 2, 2014

Outside my window...  gorgeous, bright sunshine and clear blue skies.  Love it!

Hearing...  at least three kinds of birds calling, Gunnar in the shower, and tappety-tappety-tappety.

Pondering...  some sewing I want to do... now that the weather is gorgeous.
Why wasn't I inspired when it was cloudy and rainy?


Praying...  our friend from church died yesterday.  While we know he's with Jesus,
his family is still here, and missing him.

Thankful...  for all the beauty around us - my pink and white dogwoods are finishing their bloom, and so are the lilacs, but everything is so green and lush right now.

Wearing...  turquoise capri pants, blue tank top, and flip flops.
(I almost said "thongs" - you know, the kind that go on your feet -
but I'm trying to break the habit.)

Creating...  our annual Fathers-Day-June-birthday extravaganza is coming,
and I have gifts to make/buy/assemble.
Also, a new chapel baby comes in August,
and I have a neutral (boy? girl?) quilt idea.

Going...  to take a day off weeding.  "Oma Aikenbach" is protesting.

Reading...  just finished The Doolittle Raid, a non-fiction account of Jimmy Doolitte's bomber raid of Japan during WWII - fascinating.  My pile of books-to-read is embarrassingly tall.  Must make progress!

Looking forward to...  being done with school for the summer.  Tate and Gunnar are so close!  We'll probably finish this week.  Wyatt is another story...

In the kitchen...  I think we need to BBQ again :D

In the learning rooms...  winding down, and it feels great ;D

Around the house...  our focus is turning outward and
I need to keep an eye on a few things inside
(like the dust - ugh!)
and it's time to move the houseplants out for the summer.

The Mother Load...  it's too beautiful a day to speak of that.

Noticing that...  the crows.  They were going nuts while I was hanging out laundry a couple days ago.  Then I noticed it - a big, dead mole in the driveway that hadn't been there just moments earlier.  I think one of them dropped it and wanted it back, but wouldn't come get it when I was there.  I had Wyatt put it in the trash.  Sweet.


A favorite quote for today...  Giving money and power to government
is like giving whiskey and car-keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke

One of my favorite things...  FINISHING things.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  back to Seattle again tomorrow, for another "mapping".  Then we get a break for about a month.  Wyatt has a doctor appointment today (all is well), CAP tomorrow, work (Wyatt and Tate) on Thursday, I think Gunnar babysits tomorrow, and the boys are probably going to a Marksmanship "camp" this weekend.  Yay!

A peek into my world...  out my office window...



3 comments:

Monica said...

LOL! I have the same problem with "flip flops"! That is too funny!
The weather look gorgeous there! We have clouds and drizzly rain today. (praise the Lord I don't have to water tha garden!)
Sorry to hear about your friend at church. Praying for the family.
have a safe trip to Seattle!

melanie said...

Flip flops and Oma -- hee hee! :-)

I should look for the Doolittle book for Thomas perhaps?

Beauuuutiful pics! And I rust you had an uneventful drive to/from Seattle with a good appt in between. No loose chains dragging behind your bumper or anything...? :o {still sorta amazed about the road hazard last week)

I'm feeling like auto-pilot would have me logging into shutterfly again this morning. Happily not going there today! :D

Rebecca D said...

You take the most beautiful photos of your corner of the world... It makes me itch to visit! (again)