Monday, January 5, 2015

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Monday, January 5, 2015

Outside my window...  dark.  Cold.  Rain.  Time to turn up the heat and light a candle :D

Hearing...  the rain.  All night long it was POURING.  (I kept waking up.  Why?)

Pondering...  wouldn't you know, just after I filled in our new calendar Tate's piano teacher (he starts lessons this week) emailed and asked if we could change his time a half hour earlier.  No problem - that actually works a little better.  But I just wrote it in, IN INK, on every week from now until June.  You don't know what this does to me.  *sigh*


Praying...  work for Kerry.  Not in "dire straits" just yet, but he's a bit low on projects.  And for all the boys (and me!) for a smooth adjustment back to school.

Thankful...  Tate is so self-motivated.  He had to write a short story over break.  I think by "short story" they were told 3-5 pages, double-spaced, and given totally free rein over subject/content.  He wrote a 33 page battle story, set in the future.  Not my favorite genre, but he's a great descriptive writer.  First sentence...
     Hunter Iverson looked out, surveying the tranquil countryside, as the last golden rays of the setting sun cast their warm radiance over a  patchwork of rural countryside.

Wearing...  cozy sweats - I don't think I have to go anywhere today :D

Creating...  just finished one sewing project and about to start another... as soon as my eyes will cooperate.  Feeling a little better each day.

Going...  to start school with Gunnar as soon as he's out of the shower.

Surely I'm not the only one...

Looking forward to... being all healed up.  NOT looking forward to getting the stitches out -- ewww!

In the kitchen...  hmmm.  Need to think about dinner.  Maybe some tandoori chicken.

In the learning rooms...  oh boy.  Gotta get back in the groove!

Around the house...  silvery blue and white winter :D

The Mother Load...  um, trying not to think too much about that!  Besides, I'm not supposed to do much - really!  Just getting back into school schedule, along with violin AND piano lessons, as well as some follow-up medical appointments is enough for this week.


Something to remember for later...  how excited we all were yesterday to get gas for $1.99 a gallon!

A favorite quote for today...  ha!  See the "winter haiku" above ;D

One of my favorite things...  a hot cup of tea in the morning.

A Bible verse...  Psalm 127:2
It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for He gives to His beloved sleep.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  two follow-up appointments (doctor), Gunnar's violin lesson, Tate's (first!) piano lesson, CAP tomorrow night, and (I think) a very Hobbit-y weekend with Uncle Dave.

A peek into my world...  I love my wintery house!




4 comments:

Monica said...

I am so ready for this winter to be over! Maybe if I start planning my garden things will "feel" warmer? LOL! Believing with you for work for Kerry! Our gas in $1.89 here and we are so excited! If it would stay low I'm sure people would spend more in the retail market!
Sounds like you have an author budding in your family! Love that opening line. I know I would continue reading that book!
We don't home school but we are trying to get back into the groove around here. It's hard to motivate after such a nice break!
Hope you stay warm! and you appointments go well!

Wilma said...

I had to "go pee" last night about 1:00am. Got too close to the edge of the bed as I was getting up and fell out of bed! Hit the two steps (we have a high bed), cut my leg badly and had a trip to the ER in the wee hours of morn. Seventeen stitches later, we returned home. I am to do nothing for at least a week.

Hope your eyes continue to heal.

As a former English teacher, I loved Tate's opening.

Take care.

Wilma

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh Wilma, I'm so sorry to hear that! Praying for your speedy healing!

Monica, I'm with you about getting back in the groove... another week of vacation would sure be nice!

melanie said...

Oh my, Wilma! Ouch!

Julie, my thought on reading your calendar plight = Sanctification for the OCD :D I feel for you, I really do. Glad your eyes are recovering - looking forward to seeing the beautiful result!

So far we are effectively having another week of vaca, albeit very unplanned - and not overly productive either. :-\ The groove is somewhere out of sight. and mind. ^.^