Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Still waiting

We rarely go to movies at the theater... not only do I balk at the price, but it's hard for Tate (with his Hearing Loss) to "get" a lot of the dialog. And obviously we can't pause or rewind. But...

The boys REALLY REALLY wanted to go see "Prince Caspian" on the big screen again. So, as a reward for finishing school, I agreed. When I woke up to sunshine yesterday, I was regretting promising to take them. I mean, who wants to sit in a dark theater when it is warm and sunny outside?!

That lasted about seven minutes... as long as the sunshine. Then the heavens opened again. Right before we left, we were looking out the window. Saw several classes of kids walking by our house on their way to a nearby park for their nearly-the-end-of-the-year picnic... in the pouring rain.

Were we gloating? Just a little!

And oh my did it rain. When the street lights are on at 4:50 PM in JUNE, you know it is a dark and dreary day!

We had fun. :0)

No comments: