Monday, April 23, 2018

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, Monday, April 23, 2018

Outside my window...  please note, the photo above is not reality...
that would be from sometime in May, some year in the past.
As a friend and I fb-ed this morning we realized that
Maine was warmer than Washington.

MAINE.

We keep hoping that spring will finally appear.
What we actually still have are frosty mornings because it's now January 113th.


The deer have not gotten the memo and are shedding their winter coats,
so they look all mangy. 


I saw six when I was out walking - two groups of three.
Not the same three.  One of them has a gimpy deer that was probably hit by a car. 


Hearing... the dryer, though I'm thinking of putting some things on the line just to see if they'll make any progress toward getting dry.  Wish me luck.

Praying...  for my boys, Philippians 1:27,
Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.  Then... I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel.

Thankful... that they all appear to have genuine faith.

Wearing... the many layers of spring, because these days can easily swing from frosty mornings to mid-70s afternoons.

Creating...  I went to an English Paper Piecing class on Saturday, just to try something new, and because a friend from BSF was teaching :D  She makes AMAZING quilts out of little tiny pieces, that look like this...


I fiddled away at it all afternoon to come up with...


... one little flower, made of hexagons.
(The white basting threads will go away.)

The prospect of making the dozens more that a quilt would require is a bit overwhelming right now, so I think it will make a pretty little coaster for my tea :D

I enjoyed the class and I'm fascinated by the process, but I'm not sure I love handwork enough to commit to a big project... thinking about it.

Reading... still working on the theology book, but mixing in some lighter reading.
Just finished The King's Speech, and Tilt, and looking forward to borrowing a book that a friend just enjoyed.

Learning... don't ignore that shimmy in the back of the van.
Getting new tires today.
*sigh*

Looking forward to... the day I feel like I finally have it all together.
HA HA HA HA HA!!!

In the kitchen... I thought we would have a "festival" dinner (that's when we clean up all the leftovers in the fridge), but I think all the boybarians have gotten ahead of me on that.

Around the house... the new closet doors, door trim, window trim, floor trim, etc and painting are DONE!  Hallelujah.
I'll get pics soon!

Noticing that... doing one project always reveals a dozen more that need doing, but I'm enjoying what is done.

The Mother Load... laundry, laundry, and more laundry.
Weather or not, the flannel sheets are coming off today.

A verse for today...
Amos 4:13
He who forms the mountains and creates the wind...
reveals His thoughts to mankind.

A peek into my world...

Trilliums in the woods...


 ... and an interesting sky.


No comments: