Saturday, November 21, 2009

I love Saturdays

Five days until Thanksgiving.

Kerry was out on errands today and I sent him by the store for one more turkey.  I think that's enough, now. 

So today... with the boys' help, we've defrosted the freezer and reloaded it, with an inventory list.  (Hurray!)  The boys have raked up piles of leaves and windfall - the "droppings" of the big Douglas Fir in the front yard.  They've raked/swept the porches, and vacuumed the living room and dining room.  They also cleaned the upstairs bathrooms (a long overdue chore).

Now Gunnar has a friend over to play, and I only hear happy sounds :0)

I'm reading, in my cozy chair, with a pumpkin spice candle burning, a cup of cocoa at my side, and... and... I'm eating a candy cane :0)

I love Saturdays.

1 comment:

The dB family said...

I look forward to Saturdays like that, but I think they won't happen around here until about January.