Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Autumn at the Pond

Better late than never???

Something about the cooler weather of fall puts me in the mood to sew!
And I had the perfect justification (as if I needed one), with my upcoming trip to Arkansas on the calendar.

Two gracious and lovely ladies were waiting to host me,
and I wanted to return thanks with a little gift for each of them.

My friend Ann has a cozy home near Little Rock,
and I could just picture her with a cup of choffey, her Bible, and a lap quilt...



I call this one
Autumn at the Pond
because that's what the colors bring to mind.


I was determined to use what I had,
and I had plenty :D


I've been inspired by other Log Cabin quilts I've seen that are very
non-traditional Log Cabin,
ie not lights and darks,
but an unplanned mixture.


I like mixing fabrics that may not seem to go together,
but somehow it all works.
Like that bubbly teal with the more traditional looking leaf print.


For the backing, I used a large printed piece from Myanmar,
and a good-sized piece of gold leftover from making this tree skirt.

This quilt finished at 56" x 70".


Got it!


No comments: