Monday, March 19, 2018

Painting the House... Both Ways

I got a little distracted this summer. About the time school was starting, and we were getting a cat, and my dad had major heart surgery, we decided it was time to paint the house. I still love the periwinkle blue, but it was getting really, REALLY faded across the front.


So we spent a lot of time looking at colors, because there are so many. It's insane.  I mean, go to any paint store and ROYGBIV is meaningless.  Nobody has "green". Nooooo. There are 500 shades of green. Anyway, we pondered and hemmed and hawed, and I brought home samples, and we made a decision we're happy with. A deeper blue, and deeper green for the doors and the little triangles up in the eaves. I love it. And we spent all that time thinking about it only to be told...


... we painted a Seahawks house.

Why yes, apparently we did.

And if we'd only thought of it that way, it probably would've simplified the whole process ;D


After painting the actual house, Kerry gave me gift money to have the house painted by a friend of mine.  I know, have the house painted?  We just DID!  But my Ben Mann painting is a dream come true :D  I want to link to his website, but it seems to be down.  He's on fb though, here.


Isn't that a great addition to the living room?!  Look closer :D


I asked him to paint the house the "old" colors - it's really capturing a moment in time when the boys were younger... playing soccer, watching a robin... and Kerry is mowing, and I'm hanging quilts on the line :D

Every time I look at that painting it makes me happy!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my goodness Julie! That is so cool... both the color and the painting! It's also great to see you back in blog land. I understand how life is seasons. I'm totally empty nest now. Grandma has moved into an assisted living facility. I can't believe how fast time goes when we look at our kids. Yours amaze me how much they have changed since I started following you several years back.
Hope to see you around more often! Hugs my West Coast friend! :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Crazy how fast they grow, isn't it! How's your son doing in the military?