Monday, November 12, 2018

Arkansas Soul Food, Take Two

*Tap Tap*

Anybody here? 

Even if no one's reading, this is for me - my memories :D

You see, I have these bloggy friends that became IRL friends,
that live halfway (or more) across the country.
And it was time for a visit.

And fortunately they're the kind of friends that say "yes"
when I invite myself to their neck of the woods and
throw myself upon their hospitality!

And I have the kind of husband that says "yes"
when I would prefer to fly out of Bellingham
rather than Seattle or Vancouver :D


I don't mind the early morning rain,
because it's better than early morning fog
that prevents planes from taking off!


I hopped to Seattle,
and then to Chicago...


... and then it should've been just a little hop down to Little Rock.

Except it wasn't.

While in Chicago both of my friends texted me
that they were under a tornado watch,
and it was pretty stormy.
And my supposed hour-and-a-half-ish flight
turned into a six hour rodeo!

We tried to land, really we did.
But that plane was all over the place.
Only time in my life I've felt like the seat belt
was really truly holding me into the seat!
Then the airport closed.
And we went to Memphis.
Finally got into Little Rock just after midnight.

I know, I know...
isn't it a great photo?
But I was
ON THE GROUND
and happy about it.


And even happier to be met by Doug and Ann,
and settled into their home :D


No comments: