Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brain Dump

It's been kind of a strange day.  Heck, it's been a strange week.

Winter?  Spring?  Winter?  Raining buckets.  Snow in the hills.  Yet, I wake to birds singing.  What???  The robins are back.  I think the first day I heard them was Valentine's Day.  Very sweet.

Then today, stopped at Stuff-mart after church.  Went in under a sunny sky, and came out in darkness and huge, gloppy snow falling.  Couldn't see fifty yards.  Fabulous.  But the good news is I stocked up on cough syrup and cough drops.  Fun times.

I think Kerry and Gunnar wondered if we'd dropped off the planet, it took us so long.  They stayed home from church, in an attempt to keep the lid on the Petri dish that is our family.  You're welcome.

I'm still practically giddy about Tate.  Seems odd to be excited about a major surgery, but we're looking past that to the good things beyond :D  Tate himself is quite nonchalant about the whole thing.  But then, he's a veteran of three surgeries and he's generally a calm, steady kid.  Yay, Tate.

In other news, it's time to get back on the wagon and beat back the chaos, clutter, and general mess that follows when I've been under the weather.  If entropy had a gender, I can guarantee you it would be male.

3 comments:

The dB family said...

I beg to differ. It can be just as female. I have six daughters, remember ;O). I hope you're all feeling better again soon too. We're breeding something here these days too. One sick to stomach yesterday, and one with a fever today. I'm still off too.

I sure hope tomorrow is a day of motivation and accomplishments here too!

Blessings!
Deborah

dlefler said...

I just followed the trail of K'Nex and Legos to find crumbled graham crackers all over the playroom floor. Sigh... entropy happens!

I'm trying to keep everyone well here - I hope we can keep the cold and flu germs AWAY! I am excited for Tate, too - surgery is never fun, but the excitement is for the future possibilities for him. I'm excited to see what the rest of this year brings!!

Rebecca D said...

I don't like that feeling when the weather changes when you are inside somewhere and you don't see it happen.