Once again, it's the time of year when...
almost nothing happens.
Well, I could be wrong. I mean, if you're prone to envy our glamorous life you may want to look away while I tell the fascinating story of how I went to the grocery store today with only six items on my list and managed to forget one of them. If that's not enough to make you swoon, I'll just go ahead and confess that I also swept and mopped the kitchen floor.
To distract you from pining for a life as exciting and fulfilling as mine, I share with you this Friday Brain Dump.
1. "People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." Heard of Florence Foster Jenkins? Probably not. Our choir director introduced us to Lady Florence by including (on a practice CD he made for us) a recording of her singing (and I use the term loosely) Mozart's aria Queen of Night.
Apparently, having had some music lessons as a child, Florence dreamed of becoming an opera singer. Inexplicably (*ahem*), her parents declined to foot the bill for her to study in Europe. Florence bided her time, and used her inheritance to fund her musical career.
Heaven knows she needed the money, lacking any actual musical ability. Wikipedia tells her story neatly, but you really really need to experience her for yourself.
Allow me to introduce Florence.
You're welcome. That was three minutes and fifty seconds you'll never get back ;D
2. The phone is not ringing. This means two things, besides a quiet house. One, we haven't heard a thing yet about the job Kerry is applying for. Two, no work has come in. We continue to pray about the job.
3. Nearly all the Christmas chocolate is gone. Is it Valentine's Day yet?
4. One more week and we'll be half-way through our school year. This does not seem possible. For some reason, the second half of the school year always feels much much longer than the first half.
5. Snow. The boys are all looking forward to a youth-group snow day tomorrow. No snow here, but the mountains are just an hour or so away.
6. Yes, we are Seahawk fans. Without cable, we don't exactly follow their season closely, but when our local team is one game away from the Superbowl we do tend to sit up and pay attention. That said...
7. Finally, compliments of my brother...