Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Outside my window...
SNOW!


Hearing...
Kerry getting ready to leave - Wyatt is taking him to a doctor appointment.
It's a medical week here at the Grasshopper house.

Pondering...
yesterday Tate had his wisdom teeth out - poor Tate!  All four of them!
He had the first appointment of the morning, and we were expecting a little snow overnight.
When I woke up to this little dusting, I thought HURRAY! NO BIG DEAL!


But then it started snowing in earnest, and sticking to the freezing/wet roads...


... and it was a bit of a rodeo just getting TO the dentist!


So glad Kerry was available to drive us, as I am NOT a confident snow driver!
Kerry went out during the surgery and got Tate's pain meds,
while I sat in the waiting room, knitting,
and looking out the window at Narnia ;D


Praying...
* Tate seems to be doing fine, but we're praying for his recovery :D
* Kerry is off to have a colonoscopy (oh joy!) and I'm thankful that Wyatt is driving him,
so I can stay home and keep an eye on Tate.
* Wyatt has an orthodontist appointment this afternoon,
and he JUST MIGHT be FINALLY getting his braces off.
I'll believe it when I see it!
* Wyatt has also finished his quarter at WCC and we are waiting and praying for grades to be posted, praying that he GRADUATED.
(He had some sort of Group Communication class, and half of his group dropped out mid-quarter, and he got tossed into another group midstream, and - according to Wyatt - the teacher doesn't give much feedback... so we wait...)

Thankful...
* Tate's surgery went well and he doesn't seem in much pain,
* we got there and back again safely!
* Gunnar is home (school canceled yesterday and again today) and busily working on his homeschool work, which means...
* I don't have to leave the house today - a rare treat :D

Creating...
Christmas :D
Been wrapping presents, making lists, checking them twice...
doing a little more online shopping (hallelujah!)
and want to do some baking, but don't want to torment Tate,
who is on a liquid/mush diet for a little longer.

Looking forward to...
if weather allows,
a family gathering this Saturday (my dad's side)
here at our house.
They're a fun group :D

In the kitchen...
HA!
Yogurt, mashed potatoes, soup, ice cream, scrambled eggs, etc.
All for my Tater.

Around the house...
beauty!
I was so happy to get home yesterday.
Once we were off the road, I could really enjoy the snow!


Noticing that...
it really isn't that deep,
but it sure was coming down thick!


Something to remember for later...
Tate, you owe me one!
I could've had some fabulous photos of you, from the dentist,
post-surgery, but I didn't!

The Mother Load...
the first thing on the list is to make a list ;D
I have a bit more shopping to do,
and prep for the party this Saturday.


A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things...
an unexpected snow day!


A Bible verse...


A few plans for the rest of the week...
getting slimmer as events get canceled due to icy roads!


A peek into my world...


No comments: