1. Yes, I do 'get' the irony inherent in posting about blogger having issues with leaving comments... and expecting to get any comments about it :oP (Genius, I know.) Seems that just blogs with a certain commenting format were affected. At least from my end. But who knows. And... pausing to try a friend's blog... it may be fixed now.
I'm such a tech-neanderthal. I have no idea how these things work or why they sometimes don't. I just push the little buttons and hope the right things happen.
2. Oh be still, my rapidly-beating-and-very-excited-planning-heart, my brand new Sonlight Instructor's Guide just came in the mail. No, we are not lifetime Sonlight users. Good grief, if I had that kind of money to throw around my kitchen cupboards wouldn't be full of Top Ramen. But I decided that Wyatt will be doing their one-year-in-depth American History next year, and the literature reading as well. And oh my goodness, it's planning nirvana over here at the Grasshopper house. Because God is not a God of disorder and everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way. I love 1 Corinthians 14, even when I'm wrenching it out of context ;D
3. And speaking of Wyatt... sometimes.... I swear if that boy had a compass it would point south. You just never know, with him. We were having a conversation about various educational options for the future, such as taking classes P/T at the local high school.
"No! I don't want to go to high school!
I want to be homeschooled full time, all the way!"
This from my most *ahem* challenging student. And I don't mean he's not bright, but definitely the most stubborn and resistant. Good grief. Where did that come from?
Well, if he wants to be home full time, boy howdy is he going to work next year! He may end up begging me to send him to public school.
4. Meanwhile, speaking of school, we have Four Days Left. And testing. Tests came in the mail this week. The boys looked warily at the big envelopes.
"What's that?" - Wyatt, suspicious.
"Your tests." - Me
"Oh." - Gunnar, bored.
"It's no big deal." - Me
"I think they're kinda fun." - Tate, cruising for brownie points?
5. I'm thinking of cutting my hair. Possibly today, before I lose my nerve.
If you don't know me IRL, this means nothing to you. I post very few pics of myself here. For good reason. P-L-A-I-N. I'm not against make-up or stylish clothes, but in my case... I just don't think it helps. ;D
About the only thing I even kinda-sorta have going for me is nice hair. About 18 inches long and so thick that if I braid it in the morning it will still be damp at bedtime. Ash blond, though if you look closely there's some silver mixed with the gold these days, so probably not saleable. Here is what it looks like:
Still a bit wet on the sides.
Blurry, but in natural light, so more accurate color.
I usually put it in a braid, and I like it like that. But here's the thing: I can't stand to have it in my eyes or touching my face.
Absolutely. Can. Not. Stand. It.
Hair must be pulled back tightly at all times. So what's the point of having long hair if it's always in a bun or a braid? And short hair is so low maintenance. Especially if you're camping...
6. Which brings me to my idea. A big idea. A crazy idea. You see, in spite of being basically broke, I really, really want to take my boys on vacation. A big vacation. A crazy vacation. A financially un-justifiable vacation. (Are you sensing just a little bit of my tension?) Even if we camp every single night, I'm having trouble feeling okay about planning this. I'm sure you'll hear more about it later. Probably.
7. In other news, I've got laundry and chores piled up, just begging to be ignored while I leaf through next year's planning notebooks in a haze of high expectations and too little contact with reality.
I'm off to get a hair cut. Your plans for the weekend?