Monday, January 11, 2016

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, Monday, January 11, 2016

Outside my window...  after an absolutely amazing sunrise, which Gunnar and I enjoyed while we were out walking without my camera - sorry, it's now 36F, clouded over, and raining lightly.  Gunnar and I were just discussing the unfabulousness of January and February.  (Do you like that word?  I'm trying not to complain, you know ;D)  Anyway, my view is that since the weather is typically "unfabulous" and there aren't any major holiday events (like Christmas) coming, it's a great time of year to put your shoulder to the wheel, and get through a lot of school work.  Because that sounds so much better than "plodding along", right?

Hearing...  a quiet house.  Kerry is working in his office, Gunnar is reading in the living room, and Tate is probably at his desk reading his chemistry.  Wyatt has his looooong day at school today - classes from 11:30 - 8:30 (with breaks).  Whew!

What I should be hearing is my sewing machine.  I have a quilt to finish, after all!  (And another to start... another day.)  Maybe this afternoon...

Pondering...  I got through most of the Mother Load last week, but guess what?  This week there's more!!!

Praying...  lots of work for Kerry would be fabulous.

Thankful...  for a fun time with my friend yesterday!

Creating...  quilt #2 of 3 ;D

Looking forward to...  converting lots of old slides to digital form.

In the kitchen...  chicken sounds good, probably with rice and veggies.

In the learning rooms...  Tate decided to do the whole week of chemistry today.  Whew!  He'll probably do the whole week of Civics tomorrow.  Gunnar is finishing his history reading for the day, and about to practice his violin.

Around the house...  when I'm sewing, that has a way of sort of taking over my office.  Meanwhile, there are a couple other projects I'd like to be doing as well!  First things first...

The Mother Load...  still to finish...

* call Worldview Academy about accommodations
* inventory the Gift Box (post Christmas)
* remind Wyatt to make appt with Running Start to confirm his remaining A.A. requirements
* call Advanced Bionics about Tate's head-piece pad
* wrap baby quilt #1
* mail photos to my cousin
* email "B" about tea
* plan a baby shower for a neighbor :D
* email K about homeschool curriculum
* prep Sunday school lesson(s) - I like to work ahead ;D

That shouldn't take long, right?


Noticing that...  Gunnar is oh-so-close to being as tall as I am.  Maybe I should measure him again!  (He is anxiously awaiting the day when he is NOT the shortest in the family.)

Something fun to share...  oh yah!  I downloaded some pics from Kerry of their snow-shoeing adventure.  Will post soon...

A few plans for the rest of the week...  gloriously ordinary :D  I'm taking to my friend Chickie to one of her appointments (because I was there when they suggested a 7:30 AM appointment with an AWESOME physical therapist and she wasn't sure anyone could take her that early... hello, US.  We are UP).  Also, the boys have CAP, and then, of course, school.  Ta-daaa!

A peek into my world...  more like a sneak preview...



2 comments:

Choate Family said...

I bet converting those slides will bring a great walk down memory lane! I would get stuck reminiscing and forget to work :-)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

You seem to know me ;D