1. But today is a good day, and not just because the boys are off school. It was a Hobby Lobby day! Thanks to an invite from as good friend and fellow creative soul from the chapel, I've made my first foray into Hobby Lobby. And since today a whole bunch of stuff was 50% off, well, we just won't think about what I spent, but about how much I saved :D
And look! Polka-dot (blank) cards to customize! How fun is that?
2. I also found some fabric that's just what I needed for Baby Quilt #3, that's in the wash right now, because - yes - I'm a pre-washer. And if you'd seen the color-catcher that came through the first time, well, you'd understand why. I do love the saturated colors, but I want them to stay where they belong.
3. And I'm glad it's Monday because Sunday was kind of crazy. Well, our beloved Seahawks lost, and are out of the playoffs. No Superbowl for us this year. We still love them - they're a class act. It's just too bad they didn't really show up until the second quarter. But that's not what got me down...
4. I've mentioned that I'm teaching Sunday school, and I'm just getting a little discouraged. There are some wonderful advantages to attending a small church, and then there are some... complications. My little Sunday school class has kids from age 3 up to 2nd grade, and the curriculum - well, the activities in the curriculum - are really directed more towards the kids who are readers. That means, that it's appropriate for maybe 1/4 of the kids in my class. So every Sunday, I'm trying to keep my older kids engaged while trying to keep the younger kids focused, which usually means searching the internet for alternate activities, crafts, etc.
So while I'm trying to engage them with some hands-on activity that's meaningful to our topic, they're doing things like
* "hiding" under the table (yes, I know you're there)
* acting like a human pinball and ricocheting repeatedly off the other kids
* asking to be excused to the bathroom for the second time in ten minutes
* or intentionally drooling on the table and playing in the drool.
I have three boys of my own. I have a pretty good memory for the crazy things boys do. I'm trying to be patient and tolerant. But I still wonder if I'm accomplishing anything of value. *sigh*
5. In happier news, Tate has been invited to join the National Honor Society. Yay, Tate!
6. This makes me smile... Gunnar and a little friend in a hurricane simulator.
8. And this makes me giggle...
9. And... that's what's rattling around in my brain this Monday. How about you?