Saturday, January 23, 2016

When It Rains On Saturday

My younger self would never have believed I would say this, but...

I love a rainy Saturday, with nowhere I have to go.



I'm nearly fifty, so maybe I've reached the epitome of boring-ness, but doesn't that look cozy?
Exactly.

And you know what's great about rainy Saturdays with nowhere to go?


This is what happens when it rains on Saturday...

* I wear my most comfy stay-home clothes all day long
* I make our new favorite french toast casserole for breakfast
(also delicious made with sweet orange rolls!)
* I drink endless cups of hot tea
* I hand-sew the binding on Baby Quilt #3 while Gunnar practices his violin
* I bake bread
* I finish Baby Quilt #3
(now in the wash, getting its wrinkly-crinkly vibe going)
* I fix elk stew in the crock pot for dinner - even yummier with fresh bread
* I curl up in a big chair and read.

Because, RAIN.


For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining, is let it rain.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


The rain began again.
It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention
but the fulfillment of its own nature,
which was to fall and fall.
Helen Garner




Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
Roger Miller



And you can always be thankful you're just walking in it, and not camping! 

It always rains on tents.
Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles,
against prevailing winds
for the opportunity
to rain on a tent.
Dave Barry


What do you do on a rainy Saturday?

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love a rainy weekend (Saturday). I get a few things done that I can't get to through the week and there is nobody pulling me to come help with outside things. Yes, your rainy Saturday sounds wonderful! :)