Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Tuesday, May 3, 2016


Outside my window...  a day that can't decide what to do with itself.  Warm and sunny?  Cool and rainy?  Clear off?  Cloud over?

Welcome to spring.


Hearing...  a bird.  A dove, maybe?  Can't see it, but we've been hearing it frequently.


Pondering...  Tate and I were down to Seattle yesterday, for his regular "hearing tune-up".  All is well, and better than well :D


His audiologist (we love her!) was training a new audiologist.  I told her she was in goooood hands :D


We are SO thankful for the technology available to us, and the fabulous professionals who have helped us along the way.


Praying...  coming down the homestretch of the school year, but there's still a lot of work to do - praying for all the boys to finish strong!  Also for my dad's painful knee, and for our missionary friends - the Randalls and the Choates.


Thankful...  everything went so smoothly getting to and from Seattle, and at Tate's appointment.  Though what a day to be in the car!


We decided we needed to stop for ice cream :D



Going...  the boys have CAP tonight, and I'm preparing for a baby shower tomorrow.


Looking forward to...  having the family here for Mother's Day on Sunday.


In the kitchen...  pizza day - I think the boys' favorite day of the week ;D


Around the house...  oh boy, gotta make sure all the boys' debris is picked up for tomorrow!


The Mother Load...  not too terrifying at the moment.  (And now that I've said that...)  Just a bit of prep for tomorrow evening - make some cookies, prepare the beverages, etc. :D


Something to remember for later...  guess who got to come meet us for ice cream?


On a day like yesterday, pokey eaters get ice cream soup!


A favorite quote for today...  
Learning to pray
is learning to trust the wisdom,
the power, and the love
of our Heavenly Father,
always so far
beyond our dreams.
Elisabeth Elliot


One of my favorite things people...



A peek into my world, aka our trip home from Seattle...




This last photo should explain how I got the other on-the-road photos ;D

5 comments:

Sara McD said...

I love dirt graffiti. Sorry I've been MIA. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Sara - miss you!

Monica said...

Yes, welcome spring! You never know what each day is going to be. So glad Tate is doing well. I remember your appointment last year. You really like the audiologist (?)
My favorite thing about spring/summer is the ice cream! :) LOL!
Hope you have a very Happy Mother's day weekend. Sorry, gotta cut it short, time to leave for work.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HI Monica, Yep, we really like our audie :D
Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome grandson I have - well, I have three but good pics of this one here.