Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Outside my window...
looks like winter is on the way..
The beautiful leaves are scattered and gone,
and these clouds...


recently left us with this!


Hearing...
clothes getting clean,
Wyatt (finally!) getting up,
and rain spattering on the window.

Pondering...
it's not what I hear today,
it's what I smell...
the heavenly aroma of my turkey roasting.

Tate got a letter from Naomi.

Praying...
* Kerry has a lot of work - a blessing! - and a prayer to keep all the clients happy!
* my friend Gerald's recovery (leg amputation)
* my dad heading out on a big hunt
* Thanksgiving prep and for our gathering
* Wyatt and Tate nearing the end of the quarter at their colleges
* missionary friends far from home and family during the holidays

Thankful...
* so much work for Kerry!  Hallelujah!
* most of the family able to be together for the holiday
* our health - we take for granted when we have it
* our church family
* Tate's bionic ears... I forget that he's deaf
* the beautiful sunrise while I was walking this morning...

I practically ran outside, the clouds and colors changed so rapidly.

Creating...
working on a baby quilt, but don't want to show anything yet!

Going...
soon I'll pick up Gunnar,
and then off to his violin lesson.

Just seconds later...

Looking forward to...
Thanksgiving!
Having the family all here :D

In the kitchen...
cooking my turkey today,
and probably the mashed potatoes.
I love doing all the messy stuff ahead -
so much easier!

Takes my breath away...

In the learning rooms...
Wyatt and Tate manage their own work,
and I have NO IDEA.
I know Tate and a partner made something like a still,
to desalinate water.
Gunnar has just a little bit of homeschool work (and whatever homework he brings home)
to finish before the holiday weekend.

Around the house...
lots of fall color and scented candles...
the ever-popular pumpkin spice,
and one that smells a bit like woodsmoke.
Mmmmmmmm.

Welcome to America.  Where a home with four drivers has four vehicles... more on that momentarily.

Noticing that...
it's flannel-sheet-time :D

Something to remember for later...
how sweetly Tate wrote a card to Naomi
in response to her plea for a visit.


The Mother Load...
oh.  Yah.
Lots of cleaning and meal prep.
It's my family so I don't have to go too nuts with cleaning,
but since the vacuum has been broken...
Yah.
* vacuum/dust
* clear off craft table and bring downstairs
* cook turkey,  remove from carcass,  save skin ;D
* prep mashed potatoes
* make gravy
* clean kitchen (it'll need it after all that!)
* check bathrooms
* pick up the fresh veggies
* make dip
* set table
And I'd better stop there, but there's more!

Something fun to share...
our CAP "Dining Out" is next week,
and Tate will be presented the Amelia Earhart award
for making Captain...
it's a big deal.

Sunrise over Lake Whatcom

A favorite quote for today...
For what I have received
may the Lord make me truly thankful.
And even more truly
for what I have not received.
Storm Jameson

One of my favorite things...
the boys joking together while they do the dishes :D

Snowberries, aka waxberries

A Bible verse...
Give thanks to the Lord,
for He is good;
His love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34

Sometimes cedars do funny things...

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Thanksgiving!
School vacation!

Still dark enough that the streetlights are on at 7:55AM

A peek into my world...


Tate's first car... '92 Mustang!

No comments: