Today I'm a SAHM that feels a lot more like little Billy, from Family Circus.
If you could see my footprints today... good grief! So, for your entertainment, here is a day in the life of a SAHM:
- Home - good morning! Finish school (for the year) for Tate and Gunnar by 9am - woo-hoo!
- Credit Union (bank) - cash check and exchange a pound or two of quarters from homeschool sale last weekend
- Value Village - drop off two boxes of homeschool sale leftovers that aren't worth the effort of trying to sell and/or ship.
- Costco - be at the door when they open to avoid the hordes that cross the border to shop here.
- Walmart - desperately need to replenish a few grocery items and Liquid Fence - a
disgusting and pungentaromatic blend, with notes of half-digested garlic, rotten eggs, and foot odor that has thus far managed to protect a few plants from the deer.
- Home - repackage and freeze two bags of chicken tenders, four pork roasts, and 20# of ground beef. Clean the counter. Clean it again.
- Little Caesar's - two pizza's, ten bucks. Feeds three hungry, growing boys and two adults.
- Home - eat. Brush teeth. Definitely.
- Doctor's office - Wyatt passed his flight medical and is the proud possessor of a Class 3 Student Pilot's License. Woo-hoo!
- Home - do a few dishes.
- Lake P Park - Wyatt is meeting his team-mates at the site of next week's triathlon. They're doing it as a relay and need to scope out the route and strategize.
- Home. Breathe in and out :D
- CAP - deliver boy(s) to CAP. Pick up SOP for Gunnar so he can begin memory work, preparatory for joining next month. Next month!
- Hardware store - Kerry needs a new saw blade. And apparently a book.
- Grocery store - I need cabbage and green onions for a salad I'm making for the party this weekend. And yes, it's my birthday too ;D
- Home. For real. I begged Kerry (actually I didn't have to beg) to pick up the boys at the end of CAP tonight, as I think I'll be in bed before they're home!
And now, to watch an episode of Dirty Jobs with Gunnar, and then TO BED!