Thursday, November 5, 2015

Los Algodones Days


I remember posting about our big family vacation back in 2011.  Every day we saw new, beautiful and exciting things.  We were in awe of the amazing variation God made in the natural world.

This is a different trip ;D

Most mornings, we got up early (when it was still cool) and went for a walk along the river.
Yuma has a great park and trail system right downtown along the Colorado River.
We walked right below the infamous Territorial Prison we had toured earlier.




We got an up-close-and-personal look at the wetlands.


Because when you live in the desert,
I guess you celebrate any moisture you can find :D

Kerry was overjoyed that our hotel had a free breakfast, because

WAFFLES.

I think Kerry loves waffles like I love sunny days and swimming.
Win-win on this vacation :D

Then off he went, over the border, leaving me behind at the hotel.
We were both fine with that.
I went with him the first day,
so we could both get a feel for things -
make sure this seemed like a good idea, you know?
And with that established,
why would I want to go spend hours sitting in the waiting room?

He snapped a bunch of photos.
Lots of dentists.
And pharmacies.
He stocked up on his Prilosec (anti-reflux meds).
At home, about 50 cents a pill.
In Algodones, about 4 cents a pill.

But the dentists... oh, the dentists everywhere!








And an attractive little restaurant...


 Oh, look!  Kerry's new crowns ready to try on...






I'm sure he took this photo because of the little peak of something Seahawks, right?
But I have NO IDEA what is going on with those pink shorts.



Meanwhile, back at the ranch...


... Kerry knew where to find me :D


We'd hang out at the hotel for awhile,
and then find somewhere for dinner.

This little diner was just a short walk away.


So, if you're looking for someone who
REALLY KNOWS HOW TO PARTY ON VACATION...
well, look no further ;D

1 comment:

Sara McD said...

I have family outside of Tucson, which I'm guessing is even drier than where you were. Not my favorite climate, but my family there seems to like it. They say, "no raking, no shoveling" and I say "no leaves, no snow." My husband and I went hiking on one of our visits and, while it was pretty cool to see saguaros in their native environment instead of just on Bugs Bunny, it was hot and it was BRIGHT! Different strokes, I guess.

But what an adventure! All the way to Mexico for dental care! So that's what they meant by affordable healthcare. Who knew?

I would like to know what's up with those shorts.