Outside my window... that photo above? Total wishful thinking. Yah. I probably took that in May (a couple years ago - before the window broke ;D)
The reality is closer to this pic I took out in the county...
Rain here, and snow above. Spring? *sigh*
Hearing... a very, very quiet house. Gunnar is coughing :o( We've all passed a cold around, and he's the most recent victim.
Pondering... we're going to switch the school room and my office... wondering if we should wait until summer, or do it over spring break. (Because it's all the Big Issues In Life, you know?)
Praying... Wyatt has finals - two today, and a take-home final due on Wednesday. He believes he's doing well in two of his classes, but seems to have no idea about the third. And, in spite of my suggestions, he did NOT want to simply ask the teacher. Denial??? Arrgh.
Always praying for lots of work for Kerry, and good 'focus' so he can do it all :D
And for health in our house, and for my dad's continued healing. He's been out on his tractor already.
Thankful... Kerry does have a bunch of work, my dad is getting better (slowly), and none of our maladies are "scary sick". And this is Holy Week... so much to be thankful for!
Going... to make hot soup for lunch, because I'm cold!
Looking forward to... Gunnar is really looking forward to having Naomi with us for the weekend :D
In the kitchen... hmmm, feeling in a rut. I should thaw and cook another turkey soon!
In the learning rooms... Gunnar is multiplying and dividing fractions with variables (factoring polynomials), writing about Out of the Dust, and reading about Cam Townsend. Tate is reviewing some difficult chemistry concepts (trying to decide if we should call in reinforcements, or he can master this on his own, because I surely can NOT help him), and working through his economics course.
Around the house... time to do a deep, spring-cleaning, but we don't all have spring break together! Wyatt gets his next week, but he'll be house-sitting for his aunt and uncle. Tate gets his the following week, but he'll be "off" from high school and homeschool, but starting his class at the Tech College - no real break for him! And Gunnar and I will just take what we can. I miss the days of having them all three off at the same time, when I "owned" them until lunch. ;D
The Mother Load... well, yes, the aforementioned spring cleaning. MUCH NEEDED!
Something fun to share... in my neighbor's yard...
a trillium. There are different varieties, but these bloom white and slowly turn purple.
A favorite quote for today...
My mother had a great deal of trouble with me,
but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain
One of my favorite things... flannel sheets :D
A Bible verse...
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9
A few plans for the rest of the week... Oh boy...
* Monday - other than picking Tate up from school, I don't have to go anywhere ;D
* Tuesday - school, Gunnar's violin lesson, take Tate to Tech College for appointment with the accessibility coordinator (don't know if he'll need any accommodations, but best to be "on their radar" before a need arises), boys to CAP
* Wednesday - school, and dentist appointments (oh! fun! not)
* Thursday - school, Tate works, and the chapel's Maundy Thursday soup and bread dinner - one of my favorite traditions :D Maybe this year I'll remember my muffin tin!
Pro-tip: for a soup potluck, bring a muffin tin. Try a little bit of LOTS of soups :D
* Friday - Naomi arrives, and we have her until Monday
* Saturday - Gunnar has Big Plans for all the Thing We Need To Do With Naomi. Hope we have time ;D
* Sunday - EASTER :D Church, brunch, family gathering... all good.
* Monday - because we'll still have Naomi, it feels like part of this week, instead of starting the new week.
A peek into my day... spring is trying to come. Love the "tulip trees".
Even though they're PINK.