Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Outside my window...  welcome to the Pacific Northwest, where it rains.



Hearing...  Wyatt (finally!) putting his laundry away while he talks with Gunnar (who is supposed to be doing his school work) - glad to hear them talking, though :D


Pondering...  the logistics of today, as Kerry and I are sharing one vehicle.  His 4Runner is STILL in the shop.  He went to visit his transmission...


Can you see the dollar signs wafting through the air?  *sigh*  Should have it back by tomorrow.


Praying...  for all of us to be diligent in our work, to be kind to each other, and to have a good time watching our friend's almost-one-year-old tomorrow!


Thankful...  a ton of work has come in for Kerry - hence the prayers for his good/efficient use of time (not that there's a problem, just that it's a LOT of work and we need him to DO IT :D), my friend Ginny - who is the kind of friend that will call and drop by and not mind that I am completely grubby and unshowered and cleaning out my stinky fridge, and we had a great visit :D


Wearing...  jeans, teal t-shirt, navy blue sweater, my favorite Danskos:



Creating...  hmmmm, new habits :D


Going...  to pick up Tate from school in a few minutes, and then off to Gunnar's violin lesson.  And - of course - to pick up pizza.  Because Tuesday is (nearly always) pizza day.  And there was much rejoicing...


Reading...  still picking my way slowly through The Silmarillion.  It doesn't have the character development or level of detail as the LOTR books, but interesting backstory.  (Kind of.  Some of it I just skim.)


Looking forward to...  my brother is coming up this weekend to join us for a Hobbit marathon.  I may be fresh out of lembas bread, but by golly I've got Cadbury Eggs, because (why?) that is Tradition, for LOTR movies.  (I mean, hey, any excuse for good chocolate, right?)


In the kitchen...  well, pizza, of course.  We tried some frozen chicken enchiladas yesterday that were such a disappointment (at least to me).  None of the yummy sauce I like when I get them at a restaurant.  They were full of rice and something nasty - maybe cilantro.  I detest cilantro.  Tastes like soap.  Very bitter.  Live and learn...


In the learning rooms...  Tate and Gunnar are chugging along, just fine, through their work :D


Around the house...  nothing new to report, but looking out the window?  Yah, still raining.



The Mother Load...  
*  must prepare for taxes - whew
*  good news - I got five weeks worth of Sunday school prep done ahead :D
*  wrap shower gifts
*  take Tate to credit union to get debit card
*  take Gunnar to observe HS orchestra class
*  remind Tate to make an appointment to meet with the disability services person at the tech college (he may not need any accommodations, but best to be on her radar ahead of time!)
*  take Gunnar and his violin in to get new strings
*  finish preparing for speaking at the homeschool seminar
*  buy stamps
And I'm sure there's more, but that's plenty for now!


Noticing that...  yep, still raining.



Something fun to share...



A favorite quote for today... 

We have all heard people say that they just can't understand the Bible
or that they don't get anything out of it.
In my experience, one of the biggest reasons
the Bible remains a mystery to people is because 
they don't read it.
Nancy Leigh DeMoss


Something to remember for later...  Gunnar and I, and my mom, had an absolutely fabulous time at the Fiddler's Feast concert, with Jay Ungar, Molly Mason, Alisdair Fraser and Natalie Haas.  It was glorious.  Somehow I don't believe all the music in heaven will be hymns, you know?


One of my favorite things...  finishing a project.  Finishing a job.  Finishing ANYTHING ;D


A few plans for the rest of the week...  homeschooling (of course), violin lesson, going to CAP tonight because Gunnar is being promoted to Technical Sergeant, watching my friend's little one tomorrow, family movie-marathon this weekend, and probably more!


A peek into my world...  it may be rainy, but spring is breaking through...


5 comments:

Rebecca D said...

I need your peeks of spring and to come hang out with you while you clean out the fridge... Do you think we could arrange that?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'm hoping to scrub the floor next - feel free to join me ;D I'd love to have you visit!
Hope you get some peeks of spring at home, too,
Julie

Choate Family said...

I have a great recipe for White Chicken Enchiladas if you want it!

The Hibbard Family said...

Beautiful signs of spring!

The dB family said...

Spring!! Beautiful! As the snow gently falls here. Sounds like it was a full, but good week.