Monday, April 16, 2018

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Monday, April 16, 2018
TAX DAY...

Outside my window... see photo above
And - oh look! - fresh snow at Longmire (low elevation near Mt. Rainier) this morning... I guess in Washington...
Spring? We don't need no stinkin' spring.


Hearing... the dryer, again. And again. And again.
Because we're not drying on the line yet - see photo above.

Pondering... apparently it's now January 106th.
Saw this on a walk last week - yes, that's fresh snow.



Praying... upcoming transitions for Tate and Gunnar;
Tate will graduate in June (yay!) and already has been offered a (paid!) summer internship.  Don't know if it will lead to a permanent job, but it's a good start.
Gunnar will finish high school in June, and will be a college student through Running Start in the fall. Whew!

Thanking... for the progress on painting (closet doors, door and window trim) inside the house.

Wearing... jeans, long-sleeve lime green t-shirt, navy sweater - it's cold!
Spring isn't trying hard enough, except for this tulip tree.
Blooming madly, and blowing wildly in the wind.



Creating... just finished a baby quilt - won't be revealed until probably June :D
Attempted to make an unusual piece of fabric into a table-cloth.
That was a spectacular failure.
It wasn't quite big enough, so I tried adding a border around it,
which looked very unfortunately like a bedskirt.
No thank you.
Bed skirts are a mystery to me. WHY???
Why are they even a thing???

Going... to the grocery store because the boybarians need
another six gallons of milk.
Not kidding.

Reading... When Life and Beliefs Collide: How Knowing God Makes a Difference, by Carolyn Custis James.  Read this years ago and so glad to "find" it again.  Women need to be good theologians.

Looking forward to... maybe, maybe we'll be able to have a little family trip this fall.


In the kitchen... I'm home alone today - all the boybarians are at work or school, so I have more than plenty of time to make good home-cooked food, but I HAVE NO PLAN. This is a recurring problem. I've always admired those people that plan their menu a month (or even a week!) at a time. Why doesn't that work for me???  My fall-back is chicken.  Quick and easy to make, and everyone loves it.  Maybe I'll give it more thought and get inspired. But don't hold your breath.

In the learning rooms... we don't really HAVE a learning room any more.  Don't really NEED one. The boys mostly study all over the living room and dining room (why??? they have desks in their room and everything!)  And remember the big move two years ago?  We're about to do another one - a smaller version, with less furniture involved.  Wyatt has enjoyed having his own room for two years.  Tate will have a summer job that most likely involves shift work (and sleeping in the day) so he will NEED his own room.  Plus... it's his turn. So he and Wyatt will be swapping spaces, and Wyatt will be sharing with Gunnar again.

And Wyatt's about as excited about that as you might imagine.

Hanging tightly to my inner peace... oh look! A flower!


Around the house... how long will it take the boys to notice I put out a little leftover Easter candy?

A peek into my world... Gunnar was just asking me when the trilliums would bloom, and ta-daaaaa...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bed skirts are a wonderful thing because they hid the springs and 'under' the bed. That's why I like them. Do I have one? No. Why? Because my bed is an unusual height and I need to modify any one I get. Still, I want one.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'd rather have it open - easier to clean under there!