Monday, May 14, 2012

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, May 14, 2012

Outside my window...  sunny and warm, with a nice breeze, making it a little difficult to concentrate on school.  Good thing two thirds of the boys are already done for the day ;D 

I am hearing...  the washer just stopped, but Wyatt is in there ironing his uniform.  Tate just finished his and headed out to mow.

I am praying...  about Tate's surgery (16 days!), work for Kerry, and my brother and SIL's baby, expected next month.

I am thankful...  for this beautiful day - the sunshine really lifts my spirits, for not too much planned this week, and for...

Eighteen years, today.


I am wearing...  turquoise capris and a white tank.

I am going...  to slow down this week, after a few more hectic weeks.

I am reading...  The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements.  Oh yah, nerdy, but fascinating.

I am learning...  gee, how did the universe get so darn orderly ;D

I am looking forward to...  summer vacation.  I mean, a break from school... we're not going anywhere.

In the kitchen...  going out to dinner tonight, and leaving the boys with my parents :D

In the learning rooms...  starting to wind things up with Tate and Gunnar, though Wyatt will be working hard right up to the end - partly a result of him being older, plus a little bit of procrastination.

Around the house...  dust and books, and books and dust, and more books ;D

The Mother Load...  I've let my little office go to ruin lately (*sigh*) though I do have the excuse that I've been working more outside, with the good weather.  I'm excited to begin organizing next school year!  Need to make another run to Goodwill and consignment, and is it possible we need more bookshelves?

Noticing that...  Tate's voice is changing.  A little squeaky, here and there, but much deeper.

Something I want to remember for later...  I'll definitely be saving the Mothers Day cards the boys made me. 

A favorite quote for today... 
I never leaf through a copy of National Geographic without realizing how lucky we are to live in a society where it's traditional to wear clothes.
      - Erma Bombeck, again

One of my favorite things...  cleaning out.  Not necessarily cleaning, mind you, but cleaning out ;D

A Bible verse for the day... 
D N O O S A O V C, B I H C O B T Y

Did you get that?  (First letter of each word.)  It's Philippians 2:3.  Really, it goes like this,

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

A peek into my world...

Since we were at my brother's house yesterday, and I forgot my camera, I found this pic of him to show you...

 isn't he cute?

Just for fun, leave me a caption in the comments!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope dinner is lovely.

Hmm . . . caption . . . "Whaddaya mean this thing doesn't work the same way as grandma's cow?"

The Hibbard Family said...

No caption, but wow - I thought that was one of your boys! :-) Those eyes...I guess he can't deny his nephews, huh?

And happy anniversary!

Rebecca D said...

Happy Anniversary!

I couldn't really come up with a quote... Not one that didn't involve "milking" the cat anyhow... Cute photo though!

Jena Webber said...

Trying to milk this thing, but it's not workin'

Happy Anniversary!! WANT a current picture also!

LISA said...

Happy Anniversary!
Love your wedding photos.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a good time of celebration...it is something to be celebrated.
Your brother looks like Gunnar...or should I say Gunnar looks like him. Am I the only one who sees that? :) Diane from Salem way

dlefler said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 18 years!

I'm horrible at captions - but WOW I can see Gunnar's eyes in his uncle!

I really want to read the Disappearing Spoon. It is at our library, but the wait list is long. Sigh...