Sunday, February 17, 2013

Saturday Sunday Brain Dump

There are times I'm going about my business and it occurs to me that I haven't posted anything for days.

Then I think I should (post something).

And then I try to figure out a way to make an ordinary, daily day remotely interesting -  and I can just about guarantee you it isn't - because even I don't want to remember the details of a day whose highlights included scraping candle wax out of little cups,  attempting to identify the little containers of leftovers from the back of the fridge, and washing the floor mats from the mudroom.

Oh, it's just one thrill after another, here at the Grasshopper House.

In other news...


1.  My niece is visiting us for the weekend, and she is cuter than ever.  (I may be a little bit biased.)  I'll post some pictures soon, but she's napping at the moment.  She's had a jam-packed schedule, which included charming everyone sitting behind us in church, testing and confirming that the field of gravity is still working (dropping the toys I brought for her onto the floor), and conducting experiments on texture and density relative to toothless-gums with everything she can get her hands on.


2.  And we got to hear - I think - her very first word :D  As it turns out, Wyatt sounds a lot like her dad - my brother.  When he walked into the kitchen and started talking to Tate she whipped her head around and said, "Dada!"


3.  The boybarians aren't new here, so how is it that they still haven't figured out what I mean when I tell them to clean the family room?  Attention, boys, let me clarify:

Yes, cleaning up includes DVDs, garbage, the shoeshine box, the guitar, books, and those slippers you haven't worn for weeks.  

I think our next memory verse may be Colossians 2:5,

For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit (aka "even when I'm not supervising") and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.


4.  I keep debating with myself about reinstating the word verification on comments.  On the one hand, word verification drives me nuts, especially since they added numbers.  On the other hand, the spam is picking up.  Some of it's pretty funny, though.  I mean, I'd be missing some real gems...

Hello, of course this paragraph is genuinely fastidious...

There is certainly noticeably a bundle to know about this.  I assume you created certain nice points in capabilities also....

It seems that you're doing any distinctive trick.  Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece...

... on several of your posts, many of them are rife with spelling problems and i find it very bothersome to inform the reality...

Then, of course, there's the one that asks if I would really like to be a home-wrecker (no thanks), but my favorite is this one,

Very good post.  I'm experiencing a few of these issues as well... from, hair loss treatment for black men.

Um... don't think I can help you.  But there's plenty of fodder for teaching the boys how to edit for "gps" (grammar, punctuation, and spelling.)


5.  It's been... a weekend... and I'm running out of steam, so at last...

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

And, ta-taa.

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Anything but mundane and boring. You have a special way of making life interesting!

Felicity said...

I agree with Ruby! I have plenty going on in my day, but can't seem to tell it in a funny way or even an interesting way...

I love the scripture verse - ha ha ha!

Sounds like you're all enjoying Naomi - so cute to have a little bundle to play with.

The dB family said...

I too agree with Ruby! Now I'm wondering if I still have the word verification. I know what you mean about the new style. It drives me crazy! I think it's a little bit forgiving though because there have been many times where I'm sure I haven't typed it in correctly and it goes! Hmmmm!

I'm totally getting ALL my children to learn that verse!!

Blessings!
Deborah

dlefler said...

Aw, Naomi said a word! She is growing so quickly - those baby days go by in a flash.

Sometimes Dennis will come home from work and ask me how my day went. I usually have this blank stare (um... laundry, vacuuming, mopping - check! Interesting news... not so much).

I ditched the word verification and moderate comments, but I have a TON of spam. It can get very irritating.