Thursday, March 14, 2013

3.14159... Yada Yada Yada Pi Day!


All righty, math lovers.  Embrace your inner geek and make some pie today!  (Doesn't that little one, above, look like an exponent to the big one?)


Yep.  It's Pi Day.  And not only does Pi sound like pie (yum!), it looks like it too!  See below?


Go ahead.  Write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it up in front of a mirror... PIE!

So, you see, it's like a command.  You MUST eat pie today, if at all possible.

I made blackberry pie last night so the oven is free for the turkey pot pie this evening.  It's a sacrifice, I know, but it's for the good of math.


This little Pi-pie is going to school with Wyatt, for his math teacher :D

4 comments:

Crystal in Lynden said...

I'm new to the pi celebration but am embracing it as much as possible. How cool that it's PIE backwards. I'm going to have the boys try that today.
On a side note... I've heard you talk about making chicken or turkey pot pie and it sounds wonderful. Can you share your recipe?

Lizzie said...

I love pi day! It used to be an arbitrary holiday, until I found out it was also my 11th grade trig teacher's birthday! If my birthday was on pi day I'd be compelled to become a math teacher also. And to finish it off with turkey pot pie, that's just heavenly.

dlefler said...

Yay for pi day! I'm in favor of any holiday featuring math and pie. How can you go wrong?

The dB family said...

Mmmm, blackberry pie! I made lemon meringue in honour of pi day.

Blessings!
Deborah