Monday, March 11, 2013

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, March 11, 2013

Outside my window...  still getting used to the time change... it doesn't seem as late in the day as it is.  (How did it already get to be 4:30?)  It's LIGHT out.

Hearing...  a quiet house.  Tate out playing with the neighbors, Gunnar reading, and Wyatt trying to finish his school work before rehearsal.

Pondering...  it's two years today, since the tsunami in Japan.  Interesting article here, with pics of immediately after and now.

Praying...  Corrie ten Boom prayed, Father, will you protect our house and us this night, and keep us so close to your heart that even our dreams are peaceful, and that we see things - as it were - more and more from your point of view.

Thankful...  that my parents are so close - geographically and relationally, and they are part of our normal everyday life, not just at holidays :D

Creating...  a tidy work-space.

Going...  crazy.  Be back soon.

Reading...  Ephesians, and 1 Peter.

Looking forward to...  Easter break.  Yes.

In the kitchen...  made chicken alfredo for lunch as we won't be having dinner together (rehearsal tonight).

In the learning rooms... 


A little humor goes a long way to keeping our sanity around here. ;D

Wyatt's English class is studying poetry, and he's had to write THREE so far.  Imagine his excitement.  The latest was an ode.  I helped him collect his thoughts and he wrote an Ode to My Bicycle,  but as a little bonus included at the bottom,

Ode to the I.R.S.

Five hundred dollars.

That's my boy.

Around the house...  hmmm, things seem a bit stale.  Probably time for a deep cleaning and rearranging of the furniture.

The Mother Load...  is hiding behind the closet door in my office.  Shh.  Don't let it out.

Noticing that...  I hear talking (amongst the boys) and I'm pretty sure Wyatt is not done with his schoolwork...  arrrrgh.

Something fun to share...  yes, we had our annual Lord of the Rings marathon.  And inquiring minds want to know,

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST HAVE THE EAGLES CARRY FRODO AND THE RING TO MOUNT DOOM IN THE FIRST PLACE?  WHY???  

Also, how is it possible that sitting on the couch, from eight in the morning until nine-thirty in the evening can be so exhausting?  (Three movies, extended version, plus meal breaks.)

A favorite quote for today... 



One of my favorite things...  the birds are coming back :D

A Bible verse...  Psalm 119:37
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
renew my life according to Your Word.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  rehearsal tonight, CAP tomorrow, Bible study for me, don't forget Pi Day, and... an open weekend?  Can it be?

A peek into my day...  No.  I didn't take it.  I think it came from National Geographic.  Cool, yah?

6 comments:

melanie said...

Yikes, two years already. Time really does fly.

Laughing at the bonus ode ;D

Crystal in Lynden said...

I think my 12 year old will really appreciate the humor behind the algebra joke. Math is not very fun at the moment.

The dB family said...

VERY cool! For some reason Haiti, I've never forgotten, and Japan I never remember. We all love that algebra joke. Have a great week and don't go too crazy ;O)!

Blessings!
Deborah

The Hibbard Family said...

LOVE the algebra joke! And the IRS poem. All in all, this post just made me smile!

Choate Family said...

I love how you infuse your world with humor, yet you don't forget the most important things like the scripture from the Psalms and Corrie Ten Boom's prayer. What a delightful balance :-)

dlefler said...

I can't wait until the boys are old enough to do a LOTR marathon. Dennis and I used to do it every year before they were born - we still have a few years to go until Nolan is old enough, though!

The Corrie Ten Boom quote makes me want to read the Hiding Place again. It has been a while...