Monday, March 3, 2014

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Monday, March 3, 2014

Outside my window...  dark, 33F and raining.  Faaaaabulous.

Hearing...  a very quiet house (5:53 AM)

Pondering...  how quickly the rain melts the snow.  I'd be sad (I'm still a kid when it comes to snow) but I have to drive out to rehearsal tonight.

Praying...  WORK.  Yes, Kerry has some, and for that I'm thankful.  But I'm praying for a job, with regular hours and regular pay and even benefits.  None of which we have.

Thankful...  food, shelter, family :D

Wearing...  jeans, sweater... layers.  It seems a lot colder when it's just above freezing and raining than it does when it's snowy, y'know?  Just goes through the bones.

Creating...  a plan of attack for the week - lots going on!

Reading...  the N.D. Wilson trilogy with the boys, currently about two thirds through The 100 Cupboards.

Going...  to cook breakfast (not a normal weekday thing) with the leftover vanilla challah from yesterday.  Oh my, that was sooooo good!

Looking forward to...  everybody in the house being healthy again.  (Nothing to worry about, just colds and yucky noses.)

In the kitchen...  leftover stew and challah - yum!

In the learning rooms...  ready to launch a new week.  Tate is reading about WW1 while Gunnar is still deep in the Middle Ages - both enjoying their reading.  Tate is graphing quadratic equations while Gunnar is solving equivalent equations (which sounds very redundant).  I tell him these are fun - they're like cracking a code.  You just have to keep both sides balanced.  Tate is investigating different forces and their applications (gravitational, centripetal, velocity, trajectory, etc.) and Gunnar is exploring biochemistry.  I think they're both coming to the point of writing a research paper... oh joy.

Around the house...  piles of books.

The Mother Load...  ugh.  I need to update the list, but there's always so much to do.  Still, over the weekend we stripped all the beds and washed all the sheets (major victory, with bunk beds involved), dust-mopped the boys room (double ugh), picked up the branches brought down in the last snow (I thought we had them all, but see a couple more by the fence), started planting a garden (onions and garlic are in), and I heard that Kerry and the boys "cleaned" the garage, but I'm kind of afraid to go look.  Their idea of "clean" differs somewhat from mine.

A favorite quote for today...  ...on earth, as it is in heaven...  waiting for that day.

One of my favorite things...  not being sick ;D

A Bible verse...  But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.  Ephesian 2:13

A few plans for the next week...   besides school, rehearsal, and CAP, this is Medical Week.  All three boys have dental check-ups one day, two of them see the family doctor another day, and on Friday Tate and I meet with the surgeon about his next CI...  happy shiver!  And, weather permitting, we'll have a Zoo Day, since we'll be in Seattle anyway.

A peek into my world...  we had more snow on Saturday.

Sleds make great shields in snowball fights ;D


4 comments:

Rebecca D said...

When the "storm map" came out for this latest storm and it missed Maine entirely I realized I was glad and not sad to not get more snow... I guess I am officially over winter and ready for some green in my life. Jokes on me, winter is part of Maine's reality until mid-April! Have a great week, hope you make it to the Zoo!!

Monica said...

We were just hit with another storm! Ugh so tired of winter. But March came in like a lion, out like a lamb,right? Enjoyed visiting you today.

Choate Family said...

Would love to know your garden plans!

melanie said...

Gardens.
I keep telling myself that snow = precipitation. Which is good, right?
Maybe this will be the year of a successful garden? and lawn?

Algebra.
Yes, I'm probably weird to love equations. :D