Monday, March 17, 2014

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days


For today, Monday, March 17, 2014

Outside my window...  not snowy (like the photo) but cold and clear today - brrrr!


Hearing...  Wyatt and Tate trying to pinch each other while they brush their teeth (did you remember to wear your green?)

Pondering...  if I will ever, EVER, feel caught up.  *sigh*

Praying...  for Tate to get used to his new contacts (squint, blink, repeat), and oh-my-word to get the insurance sorted out so there's no hassle with getting his surgery approved.

Round One:  Spent 65 minutes on the phone this morning to speak with a nice but completely clueless woman, who clearly had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what paperwork I need to submit.  Yes, that's your tax dollars at work.

Thankful...  for all we got done this weekend!  And for my family.  Both my parents and sister got new couches this week, and both asked the boys to help with the moving and lifting and invited us for a meal.  Obviously, we would've helped anyway, and we have each other over for meals without any "excuse", so it's all good.  I'm thankful to have those relationships and for the good/relaxed time we have together.

Wearing...  jeans, t-shirt, sweater (yes, it has some green ;D), warm socks, slippers.  It may be sunny, but doesn't feel much like spring outside.

Going...  once again, to dig out my craft table.

Reading...  just finished 100 Cupboards and about to start Dandelion Fire with the boys :D

Looking forward to...  tonight is our last rehearsal before concerts this weekend, and then... my Monday nights will be free again!  I really enjoy being in the choir - very encouraging and lots of fun - but I'm always glad to take a break, as well ;D

In the learning rooms...  we are just into the last third of the school year.  (Really!)  I need to take a closer look at Tate's schedule and see if there's anything I need to tweak to accommodate his surgery/recovery, but he's such a hard worker I'm not really very concerned.  Gunnar is plugging along nicely - reading this week about Ivan the Great, Ivan the Terrible, and the Black Plague (such a cheerful week!), and we'll be doing a few experiments.  Wyatt and Tate have quarterly science tests as well.  Tate is reading Out of the Dust and a biography of Cameron Townsend, while Gunnar finishes Adam of the Road and starts The Shakespeare Stealer.

Around the house...  definitely time to rotate some decor and clean.  (Fun, fun, fun...)

The Mother Load...  we have this week of school as well as one more, and then Spring Break and I am MAKING PLANS (insert evil genius laugh).  For the last couple of years I've had the boys work until lunch and then given them free time after, and that's my plan again... PUT THE MINIONS TO WORK.  So, I'll be doing some planning and making my lists!

Noticing that...  there's a lot of potential work in those strong bodies, it just needs to be properly directed and motivated.

A favorite quote for today...  often, when I hear someone rambling on and on and on, I think of these words of Einstein,

If you can't explain it simply,
you don't understand it well enough.

Amen.

One of my favorite things...  a good book.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  school, school, school.  Rehearsal, CAP, a follow-up for Tate with the eye doc, two concerts, my parents' anniversary, and Wyatt may be flying out to the peninsula (with CAP) to help teach some GSAR classes - neat opportunity.

A peek into my world...  sunrise. 

 

3 comments:

Rebecca D said...

Sunny and COLD here too... Coast to coast I guess!! ;)

I love the quote!

Monica said...

I have had my contacts for 20 years (longer I think) and I still remember that first couple of weeks! ugh! I thought I could claw my eyes out! but, I got used to it. Making sure that I didn't have them in backwards (inside out) that kind of thing.
Spring break, oh yes, ours is next week. And yes there will be work done around here! :) (insert evit genious laugh) They are usually glad to get back to school.
Hope you get caught up soon.

Felicity said...

I never got used to contacts... besides having difficulty getting them in (I have VERY sensitive eyes) after 2 hours I wanted to scratch my eyeballs out - I couldn't wait to remove them!! It was difficult to find any that not only fitted properly (something to do with the shape of my eyeballs) but also didn't scratch too much. No - it was awful - I'll have to get used to wearing glasses. (Luckily I don't need them all day long)

I love Einstein's quotes - definitely one of my favourites!