Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

1.  Blogger is having comment issues.

Again.

If you've left me a comment and don't see it posted, either, A)  Assume I have a personal issue with you, but I'm too passive-aggressive to speak to you about it and I'm blocking you,  or B)  believe me, that blogger tells me I have comments awaiting moderation, but when I go to moderate... nothing is there.

*sigh*

2.  And much more fun... we had a wonderful 4th of July.  Hope you did too.  Lunch at my sister's place with lots of family (and smoke bombs!) and then spent the evening with church folks at our friends' farm.  Let me tell you, our church does potlucks right.  Mmmm-hmmm.  And fun folks to just hang around with :D

The boys were totally in the zone with lots of other church boys to hang around with, a soccer ball to kick, horses to visit, a bonfire to poke, and explosives fireworks!!!  Yes, the weather was a bit cold, but when everything has been wet you can set off fireworks in the middle of a hayfield without anyone having a nervous breakdown.  And, providentially, just as we were heading home it began to rain.

3.  I'm suspending the Simple Woman's Daybook over the summer.  I can't remember which day it is half the time anyway.  And that's fine.

In case you're wondering... outside my window it's still pretty cool, but sunny, I'm thinking about what I'm writing (duh), I'm thankful for my family, praying for WORK, wearing clothes (another duh), creating plans, going to Wal-Mart, reading Bill Bryson, hearing birds and lawn mowers, about to do some math with the little grasshoppers, hoping Gunnar's caterpillars will all hatch live, have no idea what we're having for dinner, around the house is a mess, pondering these words - When I do stuff, stuff gets done, and have not one single picture to share of 4th of July.  It was fun.  Lots of fun.

Have a great day.  Leave me a comment.  Don't hate me if it's not published!

4 comments:

melanie said...

ho ho ho ha ha ha he he he

How was that for an intelligent and profound response? =)

I'm supposed to be Doing Stuff!

leah said...

I love summer- and it is great to forget what day it is! Summer is for playing, the beach, and a general lack of schedules!

Though I suspect you're still doing some school through the summer, lol!

The dB family said...

Lol! I was sooo worried ;oD! Sounds like you had a great fourth! Love your quote!

Blessings!
Deborah

tammy said...

Send some of that cooler weather our way ... this humidity is horrible which makes it hard to do all the fun summer "stuff".

Love all the camping pics too! Glad you all enjoyed your fourth!