* We've had some hot weather. I know, some of you may mock us, but out here 90F is hot. Hot, I tell ya!
* So the boys and I spent several hours today out at the lake. Oh... I love the lake. Clear, cool, clean water. Lots of swimming. Lots of splashing. Lots of jumping off the dock. And the boys had fun, too.
No new pics of that, but you've seen it before. And - yes - we did see Norbert the Nasty (Toe) Nibbler. And we're now convinced it's actually Norberta, due to the presence of several little identical fish. We think she's a mackinaw trout. And she didn't bite anyone today. So that's good.
* Too bad for Kerry, he couldn't go with us, because... he was meeting with clients. (Doing the happy dance!) They're hiring him to design a house, which should be about a month's worth of work. We are thanking the Lord... and praying for more work.
* Kerry jumped in yesterday afternoon and did the second round of stripping the front of the dresser. (Woo-hoo!) And he took a pic. Just ignore all the disgusting pink goo that someone has dripped onto the cardboard and even onto the garage floor. Someone is going to have a job to get that up. (Someone could be me.)
* We spent all afternoon out at the lake today because - well, it was hot and we were cool - and because I actually got my act together and put dinner in the crock-pot earlier in the day. I don't know why I don't think of the crock-pot more in the summer. Cooked food that doesn't heat up the kitchen. Hurray.
* But I digress, we got home and no sign of Kerry. His meeting couldn't have taken that long... I got him on his cel and he sounded a bit tense. Told me he was headed back to the job site because he'd lost his "billfold". (Now there's a word I don't think I've heard since my grandpa died.) I wasn't freaking out yet, because he's lost his wallet several times before and always found it about the time I'm hyperventilating, but this time he came up dry.
Okay - I'm telling myself - don't panic, don't panic, we don't even carry credit cards. But my mind was spinning through what might actually be in his wallet, that we'd have to replace... driver's license, debit card (which means mine too, right before vacation - eek). And other odds and ends... money (as if), library cards, bank receipts, I have no idea. He has a big wallet.
So he came home, walked through our bedroom, and started looking around the bathroom, and walked right past this, on his nightstand.
And then said, It's right here. My money clip.
Really? Because normally he carries a big red wallet.
I guess I should've known he meant something different when he said Bill Fold and Money Clip.
I just didn't get that he was being so literal.
But anyway, more reason to give thanks. Not lost at all. Just a little odd.