Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Just To Be Fair...

Oh you guys all crack me up.  Yes, the view out the window (in the post below) is nice, isn't it?

I almost feel like it's false advertising to put up beautiful pictures of our area.

Yes, it's gorgeous here.  Mountains, flowers, water, green, trees...  Yup.

When you can see them.

But you need to realize something.  It rains here about 9 months out of the year.

I am not joking.

So we go a little nuts when the weather is good.  Because usually it's more like this... 

 This is the view out the boys' bedroom window.  You should be seeing another couple layers of hills around the lake, but they're covered by the low clouds.  And the blurriness?  Not my fault (this time), it's the rain streaming down the window.  (Last fall.)

And here you see the parking lot where one of the boys has soccer practice.
And - yes - they practice when it's like this.
And I've sat through games in even worse weather.

So don't be too jealous, okay?!

5 comments:

leah said...

Hehehehe! Sort of like our area (we have the same amount of "sunny days" as the general Seattle area). We get snow instead of rain, though, which I prefer. The good days are absolutely stunning, but there are a lot of dismal days in between!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh snow...

the boys LONG for it, and I enjoy it too... for awhile. We don't get nearly as much as you, and people here aren't nearly as good at getting around in it, either. (Though, ironically, just about universally natives will claim to be really good at driving in the snow, they just don't like it because of all those other idiots who aren't as good. But that's a post for another day!)

At least with snow, it's bright and not gloomy and gray.

I'll take my light, bright, shiny days when I can get them!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for trying, but still green with envy. I remember living with RAIN. Oh - miss that! Now I have brown and dust and dirt and hot and sunstroke . . . Yeah - boo hoo. The grass is always greener, isn't it? (Or browner, in my case!)

Ruby said...

I think we would go crazy if it rained that much here. We Queenslanders love our sunshine. However, one must make the sacrifice of not seeing a lot of green either, which can be very draining. Your area looks so lush! We are enjoying a rainy day here today. Reading books and playing board games.
Loved your school room pics below, too.

The dB family said...

I forgot about the rain. Oh well, the view is still glorious!

Blessings!
Deborah