Thursday, March 10, 2011

10 Biblical Self-Identity

Help my children develop a strong self identity that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.


* I changed this from "self-esteem" to "self identity".  The whole self-esteem thing just makes me nauseous.  Our kids will get a lot further in life by esteeming others.  They don't need any more encouragement to think highly of themselves.  'Nuff said.

4 comments:

Steve Martin said...

"The whole self-esteem thing just makes me nauseous. Our kids will get a lot further in life by esteeming others."

Amen!

Exactly right!

Thanks, HG.

Anonymous said...

These are FABULOUS!

Thank you for putting this together, your time and effort is much appreciated. This is finding a permanent home in my prayer book.

What a gift!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I think self esteem is one of the most important things we can give our children. The world will try to tear them down enough. At home they should be the best.

The dB family said...

Agreed!