For today, Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Outside my window... thick clouds, a cool breeze, and a darkening sky - it's evening.
Hearing... some kind of little bird - maybe a chickadee or a junco, otherwise a very quiet house.
Pondering... it seems even quieter, because Naomi just went home. She's been with us since Sunday - Mother's Day - and will probably be back for a few days next week while my SIL recovers from surgery. The boys aren't exactly quiet and sedate, but it's just different having a two-almost-three-in-June little girl around. (That's what she told everyone who asked her age.)
* a friend from church had surgery Monday and will likely be having more later this week to remove some cancer - praying all goes well,
* Kerry and I need to decide what we're going to do about this:
the problem with the window is not new, but must be dealt with this summer (ugh), and
* for the boys as we look to the end of the school year (still a ways to go).
* our sweet little friend from church is home from the hospital much sooner than we dared to hope! Thank you for praying for little Faye :D She's not 100% yet, but her kidneys are "waking up" - hallelujah!
* Of course, we're thankful for a good time with Naomi.
* And with Mother's Day this week, I'm thankful for my wonderful mom :D Here's the card I made her. The pic is from an ooooold magazine, but it looks like photos I've seen of her as a teen :D
* And speaking of Mother's Day... my boys came through ;D Kerry and the boys took note of my less-than-subtle hint ;D
My mom brought me the roses. And the boys also made me a card...
Remember the Christmas card (created by Tate)?
He followed it up with this wonderful creation...
The box says "Dominoes" ;D Priceless!
Going... to bed early tonight. My niece is a sweetie, but it's a lot more relaxing to parent my own kids.
|Naomi really loves the little Monster shirt I got her.|
Looking forward to... a quiet day tomorrow! (See a theme, here?!)
In the kitchen... we're still finishing up yummy leftovers from Mother's Day (BBQ pulled pork sandwiches), but I made baked potatoes and some teriyaki chicken for dinner tonight. Easy to throw together with my brother joining us.
In the learning rooms... Gunnar and I have taken the days off, with Naomi here, so we need to re-group and make a plan tomorrow. If she's coming back again next week, we need to strategize about what he can get done and when. We've been practicing something with her, though...
Around the house... lots of children's books, stuffed animals, and a toy microphone. Naomi likes to sing.
The Mother Load... I have a growing list, but I'm not even going to look at it until tomorrow. Nothing urgent, but lots to do.
Something to remember for later... the way these two love each other :D
One of my favorite things... the quiet sound of the rain.
A Bible verse...
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
|The day Gunnar realized he could pick out his violin pieces on the piano.|
A few plans for the rest of the week... Tate has a week off from piano lessons (teacher has other plans), and Gunnar and I have some catching up to do. Time to get organized...
A peek into my day...
|She's giving Gunnar love pats.|