Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Tooth Fairy

To say that Tate is motivated by rewards is a bit of an understatement.

So when he asked if he could sleep in the Big Bed with me last night, I may have underestimated his determination. Know that this is a privilege that is rarely doled out, these days, with the boys growing bigger and older, and he loves it.

I really don't know why, as once he takes his HA out to go to bed he can't hear a word I say, so it's not like we have great one-on-one conversation. And we both fall asleep pretty darn fast, so he doesn't get his back tickled as much as he would like either. But... this is a big deal to him. So I told him that he could sleep in the Big Bed with me when he pulls his next tooth out.

Five minutes later he had a bloody hole in his mouth and a molar in his hand.

Yikes! Was that thing supposed to come out?! Now?! Good grief, the thing looked so big I had a moment of fear that it wasn't even a baby tooth! (It was, thank heavens... the lack of real 'roots' tipped me off.)

So not only did he get to sleep in the Big Bed, but the Tooth Fairy was kind of on the spot! She needs quite a selection of smallish toys and trinkets, what with three boys to 'cover', but Tate was thrilled to receive - for the first time - MONEY. The TF left him ONE dollar. She was afraid of what might happen if she left him more!

Ai-yi-yi-yi!

No comments: