I'm in uncharted territory today. My friend, "Ambulance Mommy", a fellow HoH mom, has tagged me with The Bookworm Award. She may have been laughing a bit, as I was whining about not being able to read when I was on the pain meds :0)
But here's the deal:
Get hold of the nearest book. Not the most impressive book, or the one that will make you really look smart, but the nearest book. Turn to page 56 and type in the 5th sentence, and a couple more after that. (I had to go to another room... the nearest book - a kid's book - didn't HAVE 56 pages...)
Oh, this is too funny. In my Vicodin-fog I had TRIED to read our next book-club book, and then gave up. My eyes were sliding over the pages like tires on bald ice... no traction. But I marked the page where I gave up. Would you believe it WAS page 56?! True.
We're reading "Hannah Coulter", by Wendell Berry, and here is page 56, sentence 5:
Did we spoil her? I can honestly say that I at least didn't spoil her, I was so afraid that she would be a bother to her grandparents and not deserve their love. I sort of knew that she didn't have to deserve their love, but I was strict with her. Mrs. Feltner, for one, thought I was too strict, and eventually I saw that she was right.
Okay, now I need to choose five friends to carry on...
1. Mel-beth, at Caffeinated Moments, my friend, a relatively new blogger, and the mother of two boys who also have special health issues (diabetes), as well as an obsession with all things Lego and Star Wars, and - so - play really well with my little critters. :0)
2. Deborah, at A Different Drum, a fellow homeschooler who I've never met, but seems to resonate on many of life's issues.
3. Tina Marie, at Waxing Mundane, who is embarking on an adventure that will seriously cut into her reading time (!) and I am excited to see unfold. We've shared a relationship with Gatorade...
4. Lisa, at Stretch Mark Mama, who has a much bigger bloggy "voice" than I do, and loves to "hog books from the library".
5. Ginny, at The Hansens, who may not get to read a lot, with an 11 month-old bundle of cuteness and energy, but shares a love of good books and a great many other things!
Oh my goodness, I'm so un-techie... now the test is if I've got the links right...
Have fun :0)