Monday, April 5, 2010

Simple Woman #56


For Today...  April 5, 2010

Outside my window...  the calendar may say spring, and there are some hardy bulbs coming up in my flower beds that the deer haven't munched on yet, but once again there is fresh snow in all the hills around the lake.  Why, after such a mild January and February, are we getting winter now?

I am thinking...  about all I want to accomplish this week vs. I am feeling yucky.  This shall pass.

I am thankful for...  the boys have been really good this weekend.  It's nice that they're getting older and growing in maturity and self-control.  Not perfect (!) but growing.

I am praying for... work.

I am wearing... sweats, wool socks, layers.

I am creating...  I would love to do some sewing this week, but other things are higher on the list...

I am going...  to stay home as much as possible!

I am reading...  about Lewis and Clark, with the boys.  I've been waiting to get to this point in our history study with much anticipation :D

I am hoping...  to surprise myself by meeting my own expectations... HA HA HA!

I am hearing...  blessed, blessed silence.  And the furnace.  Hallelujah.

I am remembering...  our first house.  I dreamed that we moved back there.  Oh my heavens, we'd be bursting at the seams, but I do miss how nice it was to garden there (much better dirt) and our first mortgage payment... under $500/month!

From the learning rooms...  we are on Easter Break this week, so no official school.  Although we're going to be doing a lot of reading about Lewis and Clark, some projects I hope the boys enjoy, and a few science experiments.

From the kitchen...  lots of leftovers in the fridge.  Amen.

Around the house...  I finally got rid of the two extra chairs.  Yay!

On my mind...  how much free time to give the boys vs. they really do better with some structure to their days.

Noticing that...  the days are noticeably longer.

One of my favorite things...  Cadbury Mini-eggs.  Why don't they sell them all year?

A few plans for the rest of the week...  most of our regular activities are cancelled, as public schools are on break this week too.  Other than soccer practice, I'm really hoping to stay home as much as possible.  Lots of spring cleaning to do!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

This was May of 2007... how much they've changed!

5 comments:

Ruby said...

My lads get antxy on the breaks too without structure. They are out shooting hoops at present but although it is Autumn here it will soon be too hot for that. (10am)
I hope you get to stay at home a lot. They are the best weeks aren't they? If we stay out of the car and just get busy, so much can happen.
Have a good week.

Felicity said...

I spend weeks looking forward to the holidays, and after about a week I get tired of kids following me around and asking what they can do etc. As soon as we start the new term, they develop sudden interests that keep them busy and not too keen to get into school work. *sigh*
I hope you have a quiet week and are feeling better soon!!

leah said...

Good luck getting all the spring cleaning done- I need to do that SOON! I am such a terrible procrastinator.

I love that picture of the boys at Disneyland- the look so "big" now, and that picture is only 3 years old. Good reminder that these years go by quickly with little ones!

LISA said...

We were home last week, it was wonderful.
We did a KONOS unit study on Lewis and Clark about 4 years ago and all 5 of my children are still talking about it. We loved it so much we made it last the whole semester. Thanks for the walk down memory lane and email if you are looking for ideas. I hope you feel better soon.

The dB family said...

They were so little yet :o)!! I like that Easter and spring break are combined. I feel like we've been off and on with school for weeks. Is there in end in sight? Hopefully, soon!

Blessings!
Deborah