Friday, May 7, 2010

Random Friday Thoughts

*  At 8:12 this morning all three boys were outside, having a stick war.  Apparently the Trampoplians, tired of being perpetual victims, went on the offensive and mounted a counter-attack against Some-Area.  I have no idea what the outcome was, as I was busy hanging a load of laundry to dry, but no one is crying or bleeding.

*  True to PNW form, the boys are wearing shorts.  Never mind that it's 39F, the sun is shining. 
"Mom.  It's sunny.  We'll be warm enough."  Yah.  And those shorts look great with your fleece jackets and hats.  What can I say.  Fashionistas we ain't.

*  I read a hilarious book yesterday - just published.  Liked it so much I went to the author's website.  Found a grammatical error.  Emailed him to tell him how much I enjoyed the book.  Also mentioned the error on the website.  Because, you know...    As I lay down in bed I realized I had misspelled a name in the email.  Brilliant

*  The boys are asking me what time it is every 3 minutes.  Friends are coming at 9:30 and time has slowed to a glacial pace.  I'm a bit nervous, myself.  The boys that are coming are good friends and all get along well.  They also both have insulin-dependent diabetes and their mom is going out of town for a few hours.  I don't want to screw up.

*  My blog-friend Kristen has a little girl, Ella.  She has a stuffed lamb named... Ollie Baa Baa.

*  Plans for today... keep five boys busy and (relatively) safe, cook turkey, and dig out office.  Again.

3 comments:

Jena Webber said...

Sounds like a fun day. The boys will be fine. The mother wouldn't leave them with you if they weren't set for anything. Digging out the office... what's an office?

Ruby said...

I agree with Jena about the boys. They will be very able to take care of themselves and I always encourage folks with a diabetic child to give them opportunities to manage things for themselves.

Re the grammar thing...what is the etiquette? I looked at the cartoon post ~ hah! but there is a blog I really enjoy which has a glaring error right in the title. I have often wondered whether I should gently point it out. I am absolutley sure many others have noticed it. It's one of those apostrophe ones. My own blogs and comments often have spelling errors but it is my atrocious typing skills and failure to proof read that lets me down.
Have a nice Mothers' Day weekend.

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

Hey--I got a mention here! Awesome! Good ol' Ollie Baa Baa. He's still lamenting the removal of his eyebrows.

My boys are just the same with their shorts. If I let them, they'd wear shorts to school year round. And no shirts. I don't get it.