* At 8:12 this morning all three boys were outside, having a stick war. Apparently the Trampoplians, tired of being perpetual victims, went on the offensive and mounted a counter-attack against Some-Area. I have no idea what the outcome was, as I was busy hanging a load of laundry to dry, but no one is crying or bleeding.
* True to PNW form, the boys are wearing shorts. Never mind that it's 39F, the sun is shining.
"Mom. It's sunny. We'll be warm enough." Yah. And those shorts look great with your fleece jackets and hats. What can I say. Fashionistas we ain't.
* I read a hilarious book yesterday - just published. Liked it so much I went to the author's website. Found a grammatical error. Emailed him to tell him how much I enjoyed the book. Also mentioned the error on the website. Because, you know... As I lay down in bed I realized I had misspelled a name in the email. Brilliant.
* The boys are asking me what time it is every 3 minutes. Friends are coming at 9:30 and time has slowed to a glacial pace. I'm a bit nervous, myself. The boys that are coming are good friends and all get along well. They also both have insulin-dependent diabetes and their mom is going out of town for a few hours. I don't want to screw up.
* My blog-friend Kristen has a little girl, Ella. She has a stuffed lamb named... Ollie Baa Baa.
* Plans for today... keep five boys busy and (relatively) safe, cook turkey, and dig out office. Again.