Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Woman #61



For today...  May 17, 2010

Outside my window...  the white dogwood is still going strong, I think robins are nesting in the grapevine again, and Podger is lounging in the sunny corner of his bunny run.

I am thinking...  the last few days have felt really busy, and the boys have - for the most part - been pleasant and well-behaved.  Of course, it may help that I watched two episodes of SuperNanny, so my frame of reference may be skewed (!), but it's nice to see fruit from years of challenging parenting.  We are still mid-course, though, so no time to get complacent.

I am thankful for...  sunny weather for Saturday's soccer marathon, good attitudes on the boys' part, and loads and loads of clean laundry.

I am praying for...  work for Kerry.  He has been under-employed for quite awhile now, and the architecture field seems just as depressed as ever.

I am wearing...  jeans, long-sleeve t-shirt.

I am reading...  The Whistling Season, by Ivan Doig.

I am hearing...  robins, chickadees, and stellar jays.

I am remembering...  the look on Tate's face when he first got his Hearing Aids.

From the learning rooms...  China's Opium Wars, turmeric base indicator paper and experiments, reading maps, multiplying by 2, James Herriott, and probability.

From the kitchen...  cleaning out the fridge :D

Around the house...  the Legos are taking over the family room, once again, and must be beat back into submission.  *sigh*

On my mind...  finishing out the school year and doing testing - Gunnar's first time.

Noticing that...  green, green, green, green, green.  Everything is green and growing right now.  Who knew chlorophyll came in so many shades of green?

Pondering these words...  unity does not come from sameness.

One of my favorite things...  dinners I didn't cook.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  soccer may be over, but the end-of-season parties are this week.  One down, two to go.  Also, piano lesson for Wyatt, books waiting at the library, and ???

Here is a picture I'm sharing...
 

Did you see the fly?

5 comments:

Felicity said...

Yes! I saw the fly! Such beautiful flowers - are they in your garden?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

These ones aren't, but I usually have some geraniums in a pot :D

Abi's Blog said...

Beautiful flowers - I love the shade of blue - beautiful even with the fly. :)

lauraelizabeth4@outlook.com said...

I've never read Whistling Season...so don't know what it is about, but we are living it out at The Times since the children learned to whistle. It gets to the point where I am yelling "No more whistling!"

We are loving all the shades of green too...

Have a wonderful day.

The dB family said...

I did see the fly! My geraniums are just starting to flower. If we lived in the PNW, we would be happy to give Kerry some work. It looks like instead of moving, we're going to add on (again).

Blessings!
Deborah