Monday, May 10, 2010

Simple Woman #61




For Today...   May 10, 2010

Outside my window...   Wyatt, weed-whacking before we start school.  The white dogwood is now in full bloom and all around both of my windows.  It's like sitting in a cloud.  Currently, a very noisy cloud.

I am thinking...   life isn't fair.  Sometimes the lesson is to let it go and just manage yourself.  And sometimes the lesson is to speak out and confront what is wrong.  And it's not an easy thing to know which, when.

I am thankful for...   a good Mother's Day with family.  And chocolate.  And flowers.  And hugs.  And pizza, since Uncle Dave was hosting.

I am praying for...  this day to improve.

I am wearing...  jeans and a long-sleeve t-shirt.  We've had a few sunny days (hallelujah!) but today is cool again.

I am creating...   I've been working on plans/schedule for next school year.  I like planning.  ;D

I am going...   to get school going, in just a moment.  Moms in Touch later today.

I am reading...  just finished Kinda Christianity.  Still laughing.

I am hearing...   the weed-whacker, someone else doing yard work up the hill behind our house, and robins.

I am remembering...   moving to this house.  My sunny, cheery yellow school-room was once my grandparents' bedroom.  It had black wall-paper with large pink and white roses.  All the woodwork was painted pepto-bismol pink... so pink it took several coats of paint to color it.  And there were heavy lined pink drapes that blocked out most of the light.  Ugh!  The boys were horrified when I told them that would be their bedroom!  At that time we painted most of it a light blue, with white trim and some yellow accents.  They loved it.  Later we remodeled and made it the bright yellow school room.

From the learning rooms...   the Cherokee Trail of Tears, multiplying decimals, Zulu pots, Nat Turner's rebellion, Rudyard Kipling, Frank Lloyd Wright (Kerry will be so pleased), and acids and bases.

From the kitchen...   leftover turkey I cooked on Friday.  Must make turkey pot pies for the freezer!

Around the house...  Tate is probably doing his folder work.  Gunnar is reading The Fellowship of the Ring.  He's finished The Hobbit and is working on the trilogy.  Yes, he's eight.

On my mind...  I wish I had a secretary.  Or better yet, a despachante  (look at the 3rd and 4th paragraph).

Noticing that...  If I do stuff, stuff gets done.  Conversely...

Pondering these words...   Because I said so.

One of my favorite things...  not having anywhere to go.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  this is the last week of soccer.  But, like I said, I'm not counting.  Six more practices and three (possibly four) more games.  On Wednesday we're going to the AWANA awards night to see Gunnar get his trophy.  He's done all the Sparky books twice.  I should count how many verses he has memorized, as well as the books of the Bible and he's done several projects.  We're very proud :D

Here is a picture I am sharing...


5 comments:

Felicity said...

I know just what you mean about not knowing when to speak out and when to leave well alone! I'm a 'speak out and correct things' person (not that I always have the confidence, mind you) and my husband is a 'leave it alone and don't think about it' person. Neither of us is always right!! I hope your day does improve and that your weather warms up too!

Tina Marie said...

Way to go, Wyatt for weedwhacking.

Way to go you for planning.

Way to go Uncle Dave for PIZZA!

Way to go Gunnar, for LOTR.

And just for the record, no need to live vicariously through us. How awesome would it be to meet the first time in Europe? Come on over!

melanie said...

Now that I've learned something about doing business in Brazil, imagined hearing a weed-whacker in my own yard, and enjoyed the beautiful photo... I'm off to DO STUFF ...since I am supposed to be the despachante here :-)

Thanks for the smiles~

♥ Hope you have a great week!

The dB family said...

Whew! That is gorgeous!! It that the dogwood? I need one!

Blessings!
Deborah

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yep. That's our pink dogwood. The blossoms open a deep salmon pink and then fade to almost white. We have a larger white tree back behind the kitchen, in it's prime just now :0)