Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Photography Tips for the Rest of Us








Sometimes at family gatherings there are so many digital cameras clicking you just know it will take weeks to sort out all the photos.

And then other family events appear to be recorded solely by an 11 year-old boy, trying to be funny.

Granted, Uncle Dave has a very expressive face, and is willing to ham it up, but - helloooo - there was a party going on!

And this is the best shot he got of Kerry.
On Father's Day.


iphoto's red-eye feature had no idea what to do with those glaring retinas.
No help at all.

*sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have your 11 year old go to "Picnik". It's free and you can easily get rid of "evil eyes"!

The dB family said...

Lol! Those are great! I love to do that with the kids camera! I'm afraid I'd break our with all my frightening expressions :o).

Blessings!
Deborah

melanie said...

he he he ~ and here I am debating whether or not I should endow my children (one artistic child) with my archaic FILM-using NON-automatic camera I found in the attic today...

Wouldn't you just LOVE to have to pay to print those evil eyes and then have negatives too?? No?

I am TRYing to be ruthless today, Julie ~ Need an invitation to our wedding (1992)? or the bulletin? or maybe some beautiful 29-cent stamps from the RSVP envelopes?

Is it any wonder my children are pack-rats?? ;-)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Denise,

thanks for the tip... although the photo wasn't exactly destined for greatness anyway!

And Melanie, I have tubs and tubs of negatives. Years and years worth.

And slides! Remember those?

I'm hoping my dad is going to by a gizmo that attaches to his digi camera that you drop the slides into, and then photograph them.

If you want to see gorgeous photos, go to Deborah's blog :D

Julie