Monday, July 9, 2012

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, July 9, 2012


Outside my window...  sunshine, breeze, boys on trampoline, laundry on the line.  Summer :D

I am hearing...  boys talking and playing.

I am thinking...  about the crazy storm last night!  We don't get big electrical storms very often, but we had quite a show last night, from about 2:30 to 4:30.  And the nice thing is that we've had so much rain recently, there wasn't really any worry about fires starting.

I am praying...  for the boys.

I am thankful...  for a busy weekend that all went well.  Details?

Friday - the boys worked for my dad (splitting wood) in the morning, helped set up risers for the choir concert in the afternoon, and then Wyatt and I sang with the choir in the evening.  It was an outdoor concert (tricky, singing outdoors) and went well.



Saturday - Wyatt and Tate flew (with CAP) to Chehalis and got to fly gliders (and help put together and launch gliders) and then flew home.  That deserves another post!  Since they were gone all day (and yes, thank-you-very-much I took them to the airport at 5:30am!) Gunnar and I went with my parents to visit the baby... and her parents ;D  Love this cute look she gave her grandpa.


Sunday - after church, Kerry took this pile of kids


to crawl around inside this B-17 bomber,


visiting town for the weekend.  Very cool.  While I stayed home and mowed the lawn.

I am wearing...  flip-flops, gray shorts, and a red tank-top.  Yes, our summer has finally arrived ;D

I am creating...  trying to plan a quilt with some fun batiks my sister gave me for my birthday.  The boys will be spending a few days with her, later this week, so I'll have lots of time to sew!

I am going...  for a walk.

I am looking forward to...  some quiet time around the house.  Sort of...  When the boys were little and more demanding, sometimes I felt like I was drowning.  But now that they're older I don't feel the need for a break so desperately.  Still, I know they're going to have fun with Aunty Tami, and I hope to get a lot done in their absence :D

In the kitchen...  BBQ tonight!  Made a raspberry pie, have some Sticky Ginger chicken marinating, and my folks are coming over.

in the learning rooms...  silence ;D  Actually, I'll probably do some planning while the boys are away.

Around the house...  dust!  How???  And piles of library books that are almost due.

The Mother Load...  I've been making lists most mornings and putting the minions to work before releasing them to play, with good success.  One thing I'd like to get done is a bunch of weed-whacking, but the &(%&#$ electric weed-whacker doesn't hold a charge very long.  I'm hoping to tidy up our own little fire-pit area (haul some junk away, whack the grass down to a mow-able level, and move the compost pile elsewhere.  You know... just a walk in the park (see my eyes rolling?)

Noticing that...  Tate is doing SO WELL with the implant.  He's wearing the Neptune today, though not concerned about being waterproof, just to get used to using it.  A-MAZ-ING.

One of my favorite things...  not having anything on the schedule today :D

Something funny to share...  while we were visiting at my brother's house, baby Naomi was awake and alert for much of the time, and Gunnar wanted to hold her.  As long as he was looking at her and talking to her and she had his attention, everything was fine.  But watch what happens when he looks away...





And then THAT LOOK!  She gave him that LOOK that says, Well...


What a crack up!

A Bible verse...  Isaiah 33:6
He will be the sure foundation for your times,
a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge;
the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.


A few plans for the rest of the week...  CAP meeting, two check-ups, one orthodontist visit, and Tate's Aural Habilitation therapy.  Then bye-bye boys - off to Tami's :D

A peek into my world...


The view at the end of a walk with Gunnar...


4 comments:

Ruby said...

Great, relaxed, summery post! That little girl is a darling. She will be the apple of everyone's eye.
Winter here. Rainy and miserable (which is unusual for a CQ winter) but not very cold.

dlefler said...

Naomi has the best face in the world in that last picture! I can't wait to see the pictures of the gliders - I bet they love it (though as a mom, I'd be a little panicked about my boys going up in one)! Nothing on the schedule is my favorite kind of day - I hope you enjoy it!

Choate Family said...

Love the pictures of Naomi and Gunner! What was the outside choir concert celebrating?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

The choir usually performs at Christmas and Easter, and the concerts are often fund-raisers (sick kids, crisis pregnancy center, etc.) One of the men in the choir owns a private garden that people use for weddings or special events, and he offered to host a concert there as a fund-raiser for the choir - buy music, pay the orchestra that accompanies us at Christmas, etc. Woo-hoo!