Monday, July 30, 2012

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, July 30, 2012
Outside my window...  laundry drying on the line (hallelujah), totally clear sky when I woke up and stripped all the beds to wash the sheets, and now clouds?  Actually, I think it's all going to burn off :D
I am hearing...  the washer, my tapping fingers, and Sara Groves' When the Saints.
I am thinking...  my cousin just gave the boys an X-box they no longer use, and how am I going to regulate how much time the boys get with their new obsession???
I am praying...  my mom is in surgery this morning, getting a knee replacement - praying all goes well and the reward is great.
I am thankful...  for my home and my healthy family :D
I am wearing...  blue hawaiian-print shorts and a blue tank top... and a light long-sleeve top until the clouds burn off!
I am going...  nowhere, today!  Yay!  Staying home!  Okay, I may pop in on my mom this evening, if she feels like visitors, but that's good :D
I am looking forward to...  more routine in our lives again.
In the kitchen...  probably BBQ tonight, so I'll get some chicken marinating soon.
Around the house...  Lord have mercy, you should see the dust bunnies elephants we just swept out of the boys' room.  I've been working on "projects" I can't reveal right now - trying to get ahead on gifts for fall birthdays and Christmas, while I have the time.
The Mother Load...  prioritizing the things I do need to stay on top of in spite of it being a loosey-goosey-summer schedule, I'm planning to make myself a new tote bag.  Made a proto-type from a pattern I found online but I want to make it bigger.  Math, math, math!
Noticing that...  Tate's voice is so much deeper.  And I think with the implant he can hear his own voice better (or differently) so he talks more quietly and I have trouble hearing him.  How weird is that?
Something I want to remember for later...  just how much Gunnar loves his little niece :D
A favorite quote for today... 
And when the saints go marching in,
I want to be one of them.
One of my favorite things...  how about three of them?




A few plans for the rest of the week...  sewing, cleaning, weeding, feeding, washing, tidying... the usual.
A peek into my world...
I don't think you're grasping the concept of the chair.



5 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

We use the timer a lot for our Wii. If the kids are playing something that has a definite ending and beginning, they can play up to three games. If they are playing a game that just goes and goes and goes, they usually get to play 20-30 minutes.

Felicity said...

Good Luck with the x-box time management... we got ours in January and it's quite tough to keep the kids away from it..;-) What makes it worse (for me anyway is that they all want to watch while one plays. So even when I limit one's time, they land up sitting in front of it for much longer than I like! And don't mention when Dad gets started on it ....

Anonymous said...

Praying for your mom!

Rebecca D said...

I have a little something for you on my blog... Pop over when you get a chance!

kristenkj said...

Regarding the x-box...I make the kids do worksheets in order to earn time on the wii... They do one worksheet for 15 minutes of time. At times the worksheets are challenging, at times not so much, but that's just the luck of the draw. They will usually do 2 sheets and then play for 30 minutes at a time. It's the best incentive I've found -- it doesn't take them long, and it keeps their little brains functioning over the summer! Hey, sometimes they even learn something!

I will certainly keep your mom in my prayers. Hope you have a great day!