Sunday, July 15, 2012

In Which the Boys Are Home and I've Been Busy


We collected the boys on our way to church this morning.  You would not believe how QUIET the house has been since Wednesday!  They were at "Aunty Tami Camp", and spent part of the time at her house, and two nights out at Sol Duc enjoying the hot springs and hiking up at Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park.  I can't deny enjoying the lack of interruptions, but I missed them just the same.

Fortunately, I had plenty to keep me busy... but I'm not quite done, so this is just a teaser!

For my birthday, my sister gave me...



... a whole mess of pre-cut batik squares, and "ordered" me to make something for myself.

Well, alrighty then :D

I'll tell you what though, there's a lot of math in quilting, and I'm on my summer vacation.  Still, I kept this one pretty simple.  Should be sunny tomorrow and I'll try to get some pics.  I'm done piecing the top and it's finishing at 52" x 62" - just right for snuggling under and reading a book or watching a movie.  And all that bright, saturated fabric will satisfy my hunger for color through the long rainy season.

1 comment:

dlefler said...

What gorgeous fabric! I can't wait to see the finished product. Anything bright and cheery is welcome during those long winter months!