Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Break

Yes, oh yes, today REALLY feels like summer break.  Y'know why?

After two doctor appointments (well-checks, Wyatt and Gunnar), an orthodontist appointment (Wyatt), aural habilitation therapy (Tate), in the last 24 hours, I just dropped the boys off with my sister for their annual "Aunty Tami Camp".  They were sitting down to lunch when I left, and are probably - as I speak - racing through Tami's mystery/treasure hunt and discovering that they're about to go out to the Olympic Peninsula for a couple of days of hiking and fun.

And me?  Turned the stereo up and drove home with the windows down, breathing the free air and the sweet smell of freshly cut hay.

Next?  Off to see the optometrist this afternoon, being in sudden and dire need of a new pair of contacts.  Then a bit of tidying, and...

... sewing.

I want to piece a quilt top while the boys are gone.  Not completely decided on what I want to do, but something fairly simple as the fabric really sings on its own.

Wish me luck!


3 comments:

Choate Family said...

Enjoy your summer vacation :-)

flitteringby said...

Wish that was on my to do list.....

Rebecca D said...

Enjoy your free time... I can't wait to see what you make!