Monday, July 8, 2013

Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, July 8, 2013

Outside my window...  sunshine :D

Hearing...  robins, chickadees, and a breeze rustling the dogwood leaves.

Pondering...  this cute face :D


Praying...  Tate is away for the week at a CAP event (working a large air-show all week long) and I'm always concerned that, in the moments when he misses things, others give him the grace of assuming he didn't hear them as opposed to he didn't listen to them.  He'll do great :D

Thankful...  that our schedule is flexible enough to accommodate a little person.

Wearing...  blue shorts and a white tank-top, on this lovely warm day :D

Going...  to my parents' for dinner this evening, so the Little Bug can have some Grandma and Grandpa time.

Reading...  The Very Busy Spider, The Monster at the End of the Book, Moo Baa La-la-la, and Goodnight Moon.

Learning...  or trying to learn, how to do something with this little girly's hair...

She wakes up happy


but that hair in her eyes drives me nuts
(granted, a short drive...)

I tried barrettes (photo at the top), 
but I think I like pony tails better.


The catch is, sometimes it sticks nearly straight up!
I'm trying...

Looking forward to... a zoo day on Wednesday with Gunnar, Grandma, and Princess Drool.

In the kitchen...  don't have to cook tonight, thanks to Grandma :D

In the learning rooms...  ha!  A sleeping baby.

Around the house...  toys, blocks, board books... a change from the usual.

The Mother Load...  all set aside for now.

Noticing that...  the boys are so grown up!

Something to remember for later...  how much Naomi loves Gunnar.  She was away overnight and came back Sunday afternoon.  She grabbed him and hugged him with both arms, gave him love pats, and even a big, slobbery baby kiss on the cheek.  Wish I'd had the camera handy :D

One of my favorite things...  these eyes...


A few plans for the rest of the week...  a few baby days, some quiet days, then we pick up Tate.

A peek into my world...  one more photo of gratuitous cuteness...


4 comments:

melanie said...

Wise choice to put aside the Mother Load! So fun!!!

btw, you could call her Little Cindy Lou Who with that pig tail on top her head ;D

sara said...

Pretty sure you're going to have to have pictures of Naomi in every post from now on or we'll all be disappointed.

The dB family said...

She is just so cute!! I used to do the pony tail thing. I didn't care if it stuck up either. At least it was out of her eyes -- whichever little girl it was at the time.

Blessings!
Deborah

Choate Family said...

You have me cackling with the comment about Naomi's hair driving you crazy, but it's only a short drive! She is a cutie, and I'm so glad your family gets to spend lots of time with her :-)