Monday, May 5, 2014

(Sad) Grasshopper Days


Grasshopper Days

For today, Monday, May 5, 2014

Outside my window...  rain this morning, and clearer skies now.
Spring weather is very changeable.

Hearing...  a crow.  Not my favorite bird 'song'.

Pondering...  we've had a sad weekend.  Our beloved rabbit Podger died.


We don't know what of.
He appeared fine on Thursday and we found him dead on Friday.
Nothing had gotten at the cage.

Praying...  still praying for our church friend who is fighting leukemia,
always praying for work for Kerry (he has some, just that it will keep coming),
and...

Tate's surgery is in two days!


Thankful...  I just paid all the bills - hallelujah.
The boys are over-the-moon excited that
the computer they ordered arrived today.

Going...  to get dinner going SOON.


Reading...  stalled for lack of personal time.
Finished the N.D. Wilson series with the boys, and we're reading Richard Peck's
A Long Way From Chicago and A Year Down Yonder.

Looking forward to...  better hearing for Tate :D


In the kitchen...  feeling very uninspired.

In the learning rooms...  what with having my niece here last week, and being in Seattle for a couple of days for surgery this week, we've spread one week of homeschool over two weeks,
so not much on my plate this week
(at least, as far as school).


Around the house...  moving things around to make room for the new computer (and desk and chair - thank you, Craigslist).  And Easter things to put away.

The Mother Load...  is whirling around me like salad in a spinner,
but I'm focusing on Tate and surgery.


I am running out of steam... so I leave you with a few photos of Podger.



2 comments:

Monica said...

Oh how said. I understand the difficulty of losing a pet. On a brighter note, I can't believe it's time for Tates surgery already! Will be praying all goes well and mom is comforted. :)

Rebecca D said...

Sorry about Poger... Praying for the surgery!