Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hearry Maids are cool... #5

If Tate has been teased about HA's or his hearing loss, I'm not aware of it. I haven't seen it happen and he has never mentioned it to me. I guess, if he HAS been teased he either isn't aware of it, or it was just water off a duck's back. There was a girl in Wyatt's kindergarten class that asked him repeatedly why he wore those blue "earrings"... ironically, a girl who wore glasses, but couldn't make the connection. But she wasn't mean - just not terribly bright or tactful.


I'm thankful that once Tate adjusted to the HA's, there was no turning back. We didn't have to put cords and clips on them, because he didn't WANT to take them out, and he was old enough not to chew on them :0)

In fact, at our house, "Hearry Maids" are COOL. And if you don't have your own, we'll make you some!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful blue hearing aids/ear molds! I love it!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Gotta love those pipe cleaners :0)

The dB family said...

Lol! Kids can be so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hearry Maids ARE cool! Henry never took his out, either. We have a bunch of fake aids, and Henry's old ear molds and all of our kids put them in their ears. I think it helps Henry understand that they ARE cool.

leah said...

Matthew keeps telling me that he can't hear and he needs hearing aids. He has a major case of hearing aid envy right now, lol!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh that's so cute! Hearing Aid Envy! And what a great idea to have some 'fake' aids for the other kids :0)